Boron Equipment dock

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Boron Equipment dock

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 22:06

For those who have not seen it: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/64987 ... 257B47326/

It's an amazing design, Egosoft. But.

Those tiny spinning greens things that orbit it really quick isnta kill anything. I think they insta-kill anything, they definitely do my Griffon.

Haven't seen any NPC's die from it yet so so far it's just me.

Could it be a possible idea sometime in the future to make them non-physical? So you can fly right through?

Right now they kind of seem like the Ancient's Drones from Stargate..
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 22:09

I'd wondered myself if they killed stuff, but never plucked up the coursge to test them. Nice to know I should now stay well clear. :lol:
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 22:10

Same. Sat next to it in my Disco and thought I'd have a go then decided it'd probably kill me. Nice to know. What the hell are they anyway? Spacebound Boron? Is it some sort of racing circuit?
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 00:35

Had me puzzled,but docked and undocked safely.

So what are they supposed to be?
:?

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 01:06

If you can go through of materials which supposed to be physical then what is the point to make them.....

And yeah X games are full with such annoyance where your huge ships can be destroyed by an antenna or so...
Titans n Pythons primary fighter defense weapons can be those :D
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 01:31

I do have to say though, I love the look of the new EQ docks. I don't know if the Argon has a new EQ dock model too. Haven't seen one.

Just seen the Teladi one, looks awesome and perfectly styled!
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

tb87670
x3tc

Post by tb87670 » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 05:54

Same thoughts on the Boron EQ Dock. They looked scary to me and I thought I'd die if I hit those green thingies. I didn't try it in my Disco, just went under them then docked. Maybe they are a form of barrier to prevent large ships from trying to dock in the fighter bays? Either way I hope Egosoft removes them because even the chance that a ship will hit them out of system is pretty messed up.
I'll admit that I may be wrong, but I'm pretty damn sure I'm right.

cswiger
x3tc

Post by cswiger » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 06:09

Maybe the spinning lights are supposed to attract spaceflies?

Anyway, I tried flying into them in an M5 Disco, and they didn't do anything at all to my ship....
Do you remember Shalebridge Cradle?
Beware! The Cradle *doesn't* forget....

Vyrebird
x4

Post by Vyrebird » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 07:08

Boron had many scary spinny things on their stations in X:BtF. I guess Egosoft felt like bringing some back ;)

Treat it like a Argon or Teladi trading station - go around the moving part's operating space if you're feeling cautious, or dodge between the moving elements for a shortcut (that's rather fatal if you mistime it).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”