How to use the Stock Exchange?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SoLs

How to use the Stock Exchange?

Post by SoLs » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 04:08

I am a noob to this game and I want to know what equipment do I need to buy in order to look at the Stock Exchange? Also when I am there how do I use it?

pwnstar23
x3tc

Post by pwnstar23 » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 04:45

you have to have a good relation with the race, you have to own at least 1 station in that races sectors, and I don't know how to use it yet. Haven't got that far yet.

thyco
x4

Post by thyco » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 05:03

Argon require that you at least 1 station in their territory thats up and running.

Telardi only ask that you pay 10,000 credits for the privilage to use their stock exchange

Boron require that you just have Trader trade rank

Paranid require that you are at least Friend of Priest rep level.

Yaki and Pirates require any of the following : 14 spacefuel, 4 space weed, 7 or 7 slaves.

Havent found a terran stock exchange or Split stock exchange yet but seeing as the split are combat focused id guess you need the Fight rank equivilent of Trader.

Spoonikle
x3tc

Post by Spoonikle » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 05:32

Terran stock exchange is in Mars. You need to own a station in Terran space.
Stargate is better....

KAAWOOOOOSH!!

SoLs

Post by SoLs » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 07:48

So for humans you need to own 1 station though right?

Spoonikle
x3tc

Post by Spoonikle » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 16:17

SoLs wrote:So for humans you need to own 1 station though right?
Yes sir.
Stargate is better....

KAAWOOOOOSH!!

Belteshazzar
x3tc

Post by Belteshazzar » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 16:41

One of the Split exchanges is in Family Pride and I do think it requires a fighting rank. From what I've seen the Family Pride and Grand Exchange markets see the most movement in naturals prices so there is a lot of potential to make money there. (I went from about 3 million credits to nearly 20 million in a few hours just messing with those two exchanges.)

Spoonikle
x3tc

Post by Spoonikle » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 16:54

next stop.... GRAND EXCHANGE!!

WOOT WOOT.
Stargate is better....

KAAWOOOOOSH!!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 18:45

Yaki have one too.
Just deliver some goods.
They tell you what to choose from.

I was hoping this was a guide to using the SE :(

SoLs

Post by SoLs » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 19:29

So, how do the Stock Exchanges work? What do you do to work with them?

(----____JEFF____----)
x3tc

Post by (----____JEFF____----) » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 22:19

The best strategy I found so far, buy anything at the cheapest price even if it is in massive over supply (ie index >100) then seta until the price comes back up (I usually take index <90) and sell it before the index goes up again. It's up to you to determine the best time for selling, I've held on to stocks hoping they would rise more and then they instantly nose dived forcing me to wait longer.

The basic rule of thumb to ensure you get a profit out of it is to just wait until the price of your stocks rises enough to make a profit, you don't have to sell at a loss because so far I've always been able to sell at profit if I waited long enough. The key is just to buy at a very low price (min price is best in fact), that way the price can only go up (and it will if you wait long enough, at least it has every time for me so far).

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 23:07

Im using the corporation/company shares, im buying at index 95-100 then wait untill it falls to 90 and lower then sell all, rinse repeat, i find it much safer to do it this way less chance to loose money if you buy at index 50 then choose to increase index at 90, by buying 95+ your garanteed profit as they always end up under 95-90.

I made quite a few milion this way but i was what i call myself a med roller, only investing 20mil in stock, ill try to find a new strategy once i get to invest more than 100mil.

Spoonikle
x3tc

Post by Spoonikle » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 02:01

If you are not trading in Company stock, Remember to ONLY BUY NATURALS.

all other commodities are based on Real supply and demand, and unless you want to wait for 3 years for god to change the layout of stations then keep away from those. Generally all indexes other than Naturals are very stable, and will make you no money.

also, avoid items going into oversupply above 150, they wont be coming back down from such abundance for a very long time.
Last edited by Spoonikle on Mon, 19. Dec 11, 02:04, edited 1 time in total.
Stargate is better....

KAAWOOOOOSH!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”