X3 AP fast way to get a Xenon L

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

amtct
x3ap

X3 AP fast way to get a Xenon L

Post by amtct » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 08:34

Any ideas?

I've searched xenon sectors and I found none but I managed to destroy @140 .

What is needed:
-tricks
-exploits
-no cheats (trying to get achievements :roll: )

What is not needed:
-another mission like this one :roll:
P.S.Spoiler alert! :lol:

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 08:57

Xeon Sector 101 is where I got mine, fly in with a fast M6/M3+, get some guys following you, fly away as fast as you can but not that much faster then the L's max speed, destory the M and the Ns that catch up to you, and then slow down for the Ls and LXs, take them out slowly with PRGs or something of that nature, keep doing this till one drops. 101 is good because they don't tend to hang out at the gate which makes getting in and getting out a lot easier. At least they didn't in TC and they didn't seem to when I went there.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 09:04

Don't you think I already tried that? :roll:
I destroyed many many L's trying to get one.

The only way I can think is to board a Xenon M1 which has an L inside ,but I don't know if an M1 with an L1 inside counts as an L :roll:

elexis
x4

Post by elexis » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 09:13

The big problem is that L's seem to have this notion that it's a good idea to launch a highly explosive missile the moment they drop shields, at which point your barrage of lasers and plasma detonate the missile and the L along with it.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 09:24

This is why I don't know if TC's story was good or bad.By the time I finished the HUB plot I forgot why I was doing it.

Now the same thing happens in AP.When I'll finaly get an L I'll have to check the forums to see why I needed one :roll:

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 09:28

don't know if things have changes and i can't tell for my self as i havn't got to that stage yet. but in TC i usd to get loads of L bailing from flak from a M2/M7 while i was trying to get my fight rank up
worth a try?
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 09:30

i just sat there in my kyoto untill one bailed =X not all the flak batteries were full to maximize the chances of acquiring one.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 09:32

In TC I was finding abandoned L's next to xenon sectors.In AP I found an abandoned Kestrel neat a Teladi shipyard .I guess it had a flaw and they ejected from the shipyard :roll:

Xydonus
x3ap

Re: X3 AP fast way to get a Xenon L

Post by Xydonus » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 10:37

AdrianM wrote:What is not needed:
-another mission like this one :roll:
Agreed! That particular mission certainly wasn't any fun, nor did it feel it had any significance to the plot. Having completed the plot now I can't say I'm impressed but I'll keep that opinion to myself to avoid spoilers.

That mission did feel though it was put in purely to keep you playing (staying power). I tried all the common bail tricks to get a few L's I encountered to bail, yet no luck. Several reloads later, still no joy. unfortunately the devs made an error here as one of the number one rules of gaming is to keep the player entertained and keep it fun, especially when your telling a story. Instead, this mission only serves to disjoint the player in the story as it relies heavily on luck.

Fairplay to those who kept at it and had the patience or got lucky early on, but I'm not a fan of the rinse n repeat method, so in the end I downloaded the cheat package (something I've never done before!) and spawned myself an L, deleted said package and hoped to god I didn't encounter another mission like this...

Thankfully there isn't... :P

Predator02
x4

Post by Predator02 » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 11:17

The only L I managed to cap happened seconds before a K suddenly swung around with the speed of an M5 and turning my fighter into debris without firing a weapon.
Specs
Cpu: Duel Core Intel Wolfdale 8500 3.15 ghz
Motherboard: MSI P45 Platinum
4 Gigs Ram
Sound: X-Fi Music
Video: 8800 GTS (G92)
Win7 x64 Ultimate

Revenat342
x3tc

Post by Revenat342 » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 13:38

The flak tip is a good one. I used to cruise around Xenon sectors in a Panther in TC and System Override Software, so when any Xenon bailed I'd claim and dock him, then wash, rinse, repeat until I had a full hangar of captured Ls and Ms.

As for the mission itself... I think it makes a LOT of sense to have to go capture a Xenon robot ship when the main premise of this game is to tell us how the Argon kicked Terran ass by fighting dirty and using reverse-engineered Xenon AGI, but maybe I'm wrong :roll:

Bulletcount

Loads of Xenon L's

Post by Bulletcount » Mon, 6. Aug 12, 14:24

:evil: At the start, my first mission, I found a Xenon L, shot at it a bit, then it bailed, I honistly thought the game had glitch so i took it and sold it. OMFG. now can i get an L to bail. AHHHH. :evil:

Another way that has not been mentioned here is finding a group including an L in a "normal" race sector. Blasing all but one xenon into smitherines and then (this bit take some skill) hit the L to destry the shields and half the hull in one hit. Bam, 1 out of 5 succus rate. still it took me 5 hours to find enough groups of Xenon. Stupid game. I'm so addicted!!!

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Mon, 6. Aug 12, 14:56

AdrianM wrote:In TC I was finding abandoned L's next to xenon sectors.In AP I found an abandoned Kestrel neat a Teladi shipyard .I guess it had a flaw and they ejected from the shipyard :roll:
I found an empty Scout the other day. I was quite puzzled, it had full shielding, an alpha kyon emitter and a few needles. It was just sitting right near the gate in some Paranid sector when I entered, no other Khaak around and no sign of recent battle. :sceptic:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 6. Aug 12, 17:11

@ Playbahnosh: That Scout is one of the variable set of deliberately abandoned ships left in randomised locations/sectors at the start of each X3AP game.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Mon, 6. Aug 12, 17:51

I just did a Xenon Patrol mission (400k pay, "Very Hard", "Fighter Chief" fight rank) and one bailed. Glad I was paying attention because he was at about 20% hull when I stopped shooting.

But last time I needed one I just got a Panther with some flak on it and ran through groups of fighters until one bailed. Didn't take long.

Fiora

Post by Fiora » Mon, 6. Aug 12, 18:52

I flew my thresher in and near a Xenon sector (598 I think?), and just doing battles with small Xenon groups, nothing bigger than a P or Q though. Sometimes my flak artillery would make fighters eject, and after a while, one of them was an L! :D

n00biwan
x3ap

Post by n00biwan » Mon, 6. Aug 12, 21:51

I've seen people post that mission ships are more likely to bail than roaming groups. Not tested this myself, my first time through I found one quite quickly and the second I got a lucky early bail and kept it till I needed it.
"Stop exploding you cowards" - Zap Brannigan

Toastysoul
x4

Post by Toastysoul » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 06:51

Just did that mission yesterday. How?:

I put up a satellite network, with bonus pack SEWN installed. Waited until I heard about a Xenon attack, and ambushed them instead. The 2nd 'L' I attacked, bailed.

Truthfully though, if you just seta in Getsu Fune, you should eventually get a wing with a P, a couples Ls few Ms & Ns in it. Leaving the Ls for last seems to work pretty well.

Also, I've never gotten a pilot to bail on reload that I didn't get on the first try. Not saying it isn't possible, just that I think it has more to do with some hidden statistic with the pilot than a proc.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 06:54

Personally, I'm just glad they never asked for an LX! :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

sf_alex2003

Post by sf_alex2003 » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 06:34

Hey evribody! Pleas exucse my bad english. I have a L but when i dock it nothing hapens. what to do? please help beacause i m tring to get a L for the last 5 days.

I have be in it?
i have to dock first then the L?
bring with a TM?

THX

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”