[REQ] Derelict Location Software

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Xander Cade
x3tc

[REQ] Derelict Location Software

Post by Xander Cade » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 10:23

First of all, excuse the clumsy title, while playing I thought of a good name but lost it somewhere between running into two Osaka, a Tokyo and their several dozen support ships and being destroyed by said several dozen Terrans.

Secondly, I am well aware that there are mod's available which will "locate" derelicts, but I'm not interested in those (at least, not the ones I know about) since most of them are "too cheaty" for my tastes.

I have been using two TM and a M5 to remotely map my galaxy and Asteroids and the TM's are now on Adv. Sat deployment duty. Yesterday, one of the dev's confirmed that there are derelict ships in new, fixed, locations in AP but that nobody has reported finding them. While ordering my Chokaro to map a new sector today, I realised that I may well have found at least some of these derelicts during the remote mapping process. Worse, I realised that even if I was manually mapping a sector, or watching the remote in the map, there's a very good chance that I may have missed any derelicts because there were so many other ships in the area (yes, I know there are scripts which give pilotless ships a different colour text). This is where this idea came from, and I'm hoping someone can facilitate it.

There are two versions of this, that function in similar, but different ways. This is assuming that the AI does not require a scanner to identify an ownerless ship which I assume would change how most of this works. It should be added that this is not just for finding derelicts but also bailed ships and ships from Retrieve Missions that you have failed/aborted. The idea is to make finding derelicts/bailed ships easier without resorting to the kinds of outright cheats I have seen before even if you use a script that randomises the type and locations of derelicts.

Basic.

1. This can be used on M5 and TM class ships only.

2. Requires Triplex Scanner, Nav. Software 1 (or please, for the love of all that is holy, add a Nav. Software 2), Special Command Software, Bioscanner (whether it is required by the AI or not) and Nav Sats* (not Adv. Sats).

3. A new command appears under the Special, or Piracy, section. The player selects the central location for the search, and the distance from this point to search, and then does three sweeps of the area - on the ecliptic, 30km above the ecliptic and 30km below the ecliptic.

4. Upon locating a derelict, the ship drops a Nav Sat nearby and alerts you to it's presence. The ship then continues searching the sector.

*I am aware that Mobile Miners can drop beacons without the need to carry Nav Sats, but this is to make things a little more difficult and expensive.

Advanced.
As above, with additional functionality. I'm not even sure this version is possible.

1. Works only on TM class ships. Does not work on any other ship with a hangar unless this is not possible, this is to limit the number of ships claimable at any one time (per ship, no reason not to have 5 ships doing it in the same sector if you want) as well as to give the TM more of a niche.

2. I addition to the above software requirements, also requires Docking Computer, System Overrride Software* and Carrier Command Software.

3. A second new command becomes available to locate and recover ships.

4. Upon locating a pilotless ship the TM will alert you and ask whether it should salvage the ship. When confirmed, it will take ownership (after getting into the appropriate range) and the new ship will dock with the TM. If the ship locates a boardable derelict, perhaps left over from an abandoned/failed Retrieve Mission, it will drop a Nav Sat and alert you to it's location before continuing it's sweep.

*Note that this software is illegal and may leave your TM open to police action.

Both versions only work in one sector at a time, there is no set-and-forget functionality.

So, is this possible?
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 12:21

if you wait for the bonus pack, which should be coming very soon

Then Sewn has an option to use its satellite network to detect claimable ships

you do have to have a satellite in range thou

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 14:54

It does not have all the features you are looking for, but maybe it will work for you. Check out my "Sector Scanner" script:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=221908

You may need to right-mouse-click on the link and then select "save target as" to download the file.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 17:39

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=166320

Install and run this to see all the new sectors and the free ship locations.

As the map system by scorp is all scripts and a tfile it should not cause any conflicts. I can't verify this though.
Still life in the old dog yet...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”