AP, ARGON Stock exchange issue??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Poacher886
x4

AP, ARGON Stock exchange issue??

Post by Poacher886 » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 00:45

Hi,

I've used the Teladi and Boron Stock exchanges and decided to gain entrance to the Argon SE.....

Its asks for a Station to be built in Argon space, so one jump north of Argon prime i built a Delaxian Wheat farm.....but im still not allowed access to Argon Exchange???

I've built a station in Argon space, whats missing????

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 01:52

Have you docked at the exchange station itself? I've had a Split one not allow me access until I docked.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

xxxeen
x4

Post by xxxeen » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 11:29

Same issue.
I built Silicon Mine L on asteroid in Herrons Nebula. Still cannot buy stock in Argon Prime as if I did not met condition to have at least one station in Argon Space.
My mine is fully operable and frequently supplied by Energy Cells. I visited stock exchange station personally couple times and 2 game days passed with no change.
I thought maybe mining stations does not count as "stations" but as I see it is not a case.

This issue happen when I started my game as "merchant" playing option without any script or mod. I dont know if it happen if I choose another start in New game or not.

Megalos

Post by Megalos » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 11:50

I have about 10 "stations across Argon space, and it's still not opening up.

Is a "station" a factory, or is it a "trading station"?

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 12:26

I think the issue might actually be with specific Stock Exchanges.

When I started building it was because I needed the factories, and had nothing to do with the Stock Exchange since I mainly use it for the Company Index anyway and already had access to Paranid, Boron, Split and Teladi Exchanges. Building in Antigone Memorial, I did check the Argon Prime Exchange several times, including after landing on it, with no luck. Later on, however, I noticed that an Argon Exchange on the other side of the galaxy had opened up to me (Nyana's Hideout?) while the Argon Prime one had not. I do have a fairly extensive satellite netowrk so should have quite a few Argon Exchanges in range, though, so maybe all but one or two are broken, but one certainly works.
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 17:33

Megalos wrote:I have about 10 "stations across Argon space, and it's still not opening up.

You have to own a station in Argon Space, and then DOCK at the Exchange to turn it on.

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 18:21

VincentTH wrote:
Megalos wrote:I have about 10 "stations across Argon space, and it's still not opening up.

You have to own a station in Argon Space, and then DOCK at the Exchange to turn it on.
I have docked with the one in Argon Prime at least three times and the one in Light of Heart once since placing my first station in Argon space. On the other hand, I have only been in Nyana's Hideout once since then, and certainly haven't landed at the Exchange there in a while and yet that Exchange is working for me.
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 18:32

It seems we have found a bug then!

Im playing as a humble merchant (no mods) and built a Wheat farm in Herons Nebula (to get me started, but had already used both Boran and Teladi Stock exchanges with no probs.

However the Argon Prime Exchange is closest to my wheat farm (and only current base) and docking in it a couple of times has yet to open the market....it still say's "you must build a station in Argon space" which clearly i have!!

Got to be an issue!

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 18:42

At the moment, most stock exchange lock conditions are only checked when you target the station, or in some cases, dock. Can you please see if that solves your issue?
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 18:52

I have both targeted the station and indeed docked in it with no effect?

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 20:02

Just to feed back on this..after loading the game last night, i was allowed access....seems buggy, but if you having a similar issue just exit game and go back in..worked for me.

Im enjoying the SE part of the game, its adds an interesting new dimension to trading, but the Naturals as documented vary far to quickly and the market is a place to gain large amounts of money not lose!!

P.s, after opening my first station...a humble wheat farm, can i now float my company on the exchange???

Megalos

Post by Megalos » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 20:13

I find myself in the same position as Poacher. I also can't open up the Boron SE after meeting the rquirements. I can however trade on Teladi.

infy dev
x4

Post by infy dev » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 20:45

I noticed that I never got a message telling me how to unlock the other Argon exchanges (I had one unlocked for me via a mission), however it worked once I built a station nearby.

the Paranid, however, aren't letting me trade even though I am of the correct rank (Friend of Priest) - quitting, reloading, and docking again hasn't made any difference.

SEinOC
x3tc

Post by SEinOC » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 02:03

I had this same issue. I built a Cahoona factory at The Wall. Docked and targetted the Stock Exch in Argon Prime. Docked and saved. Reloaded and undocked (still no SE access) then selected the exchange and that seemed to do the trick. Now I have access.

Short answer. If you are having this issue trying reloading and targeting once you've built your factory. That worked for me at least.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 08:27

infy dev wrote:I noticed that I never got a message telling me how to unlock the other Argon exchanges (I had one unlocked for me via a mission), however it worked once I built a station nearby.

the Paranid, however, aren't letting me trade even though I am of the correct rank (Friend of Priest) - quitting, reloading, and docking again hasn't made any difference.
It is a typo or error in the condition. I believe you need Friend of Priest Duke (or King). I got the same problem with the Parandi S.E. until I reached a higher rep.

In my Bankrupt Assassin game, I had opened every race S.E. except the Terran, since I don't own a TL in order to build a station in their space.

SinRopa
x3tc

argon se

Post by SinRopa » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 15:16

I found that the station i built needed to be active. That is, once i put some energy cells in my ranch everything was fine.

I did this quickly, so it is also possible there was simply a short delay.

I would assume that the event of a product being made may be a trigger. Would make sense as you wouldn't want npc traders running to an empty factory.

Just my thoughts / guesses.

Stock exchange works fine for me... as intended anyway.

stormprime
x3ap

Post by stormprime » Wed, 29. Mar 17, 17:30

i just solve the problem, all you have to do is to manually land once you meet the requirement, and is should trigger, worked few time for me just now !!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 29. Mar 17, 17:42

Old, old thread, and probably fixed in a subsequent patch. This is why we discourage people from dredging up old threads. Please don't do it again.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”