Any way to enable M0 ships in AP?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ryoken
x3tc

Any way to enable M0 ships in AP?

Post by ryoken » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 14:06

Hi there,
I was just looking at ships using the XModels 3D Viewer and stumbled over the awesome M0 class. Is there any way to obtain these ships or any mod that enables them? Is it possible to enable them via changing the ships-data lists in the game using the XEditor?

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 14:58

1. they're already ingame, see ATF Valhalla
2. ...they're completely unnecessary, I do boarding practice on Valhallas, all the M0 is is an oversized M2 with an M1's fighter capacity.

ryoken
x3tc

Post by ryoken » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 16:41

Yes, but they LOOK mean and threatening :)

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 17:50

And they can't fit through gates. Everyone just needs to forget about M0s, everyone will get one, frolic about for a couple hours then get bored because nothing presents a challenge.

If you want an I Win button then just install Cycrow's cheat script and every time you enter a sector, hit the Destroy All Objects button. Boom, instant blank sector.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 17:57

Freya Nocturne wrote:And they can't fit through gates. Everyone just needs to forget about M0s, everyone will get one, frolic about for a couple hours then get bored because nothing presents a challenge.

If you want an I Win button then just install Cycrow's cheat script and every time you enter a sector, hit the Destroy All Objects button. Boom, instant blank sector.
And really, an M0 is not what everyone thinks it is - Everything that is today classed as an M0 is just an oversized M2 or M1.

An M0 is a planet killer, and the only one to ever exist was in X2, The Kha'ak tried to blow up a planet with it... they have no weapons except the one that blows up the planet. ;) makes them even more pointless eh? haha

edit:
and before anyone asks, no the game doesnt support planet killing death stars, theres no code at all for blowing up planets - it was all cutscene done in x2
Last edited by Jack08 on Mon, 19. Dec 11, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 17:59

AFAIK, there are no M0 class ships in vanilla AP.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

ryoken
x3tc

Post by ryoken » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 18:21

Hm, and why are there M0 models in the ship viewer if they are not intended to be used?

And this is not about I-win button? :) It is more like a collectors thing as a mother ship parked somewhere that you just like to have to look at once in a while.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 23:49

ryoken wrote:Hm, and why are there M0 models in the ship viewer if they are not intended to be used?
Which ones are there? The Valhalla, that was mentioned, is an M2.

An M0 is a planet killer - which makes no sense outside of story missions because planets have no meaning in the sandbox game.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

ryoken
x3tc

Post by ryoken » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 00:24

Maybe I got them from another mod then I installed with TC... but I have M0 for all races including Khaak, Xenon etc. like Boron Muray or Split Lion. And they have like 2 x 10GJ Shields for example.

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 00:29

Thats clearly a mod.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 00:42

The M0 designation is a left over from X2 and is not used in any meaningful manner. The Valhalla is an M2+ not an M0 and is just an oversized M2 with M1 capacity for fighters which makes it incredibly overpowered.

There are many M2+ addons around though. No real need for them as 2x M2 usually overpower 1x M2+
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 01:51

Hell, an M6 can overpower anything, its just that most players seem to be of the "Fire the main cannons! They're dead? Ok? Good! Time for tea!" school of thought. What you need isn't an M0, what you need is:
"Skill" [noun]
1. The ability, coming from one's knowledge, practice, aptitude, etc., to do something well.
2. Competent excellence in performance; expertness; dexterity.

Live life in M4 and you'll soon realize that M2 is unnecessary.

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 02:10

Freya Nocturne wrote:Live life in M4 and you'll soon realize that M2 is unnecessary.
You enjoy sitting around waiting for a few PACs to get through the hull of an M2? :gruebel:

I think the M2+ ships that are available to buy in AP are the Terran Kyoto and Boron Megalodon. They're... Somewhat underwhelming - the Megalodon doesn't even have side mounted PPCs! Though it does have a nice spinning engine thing... :lol: Spinning (in moderation) makes every ship better. :roll:
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

jin ko82
x3tc

Post by jin ko82 » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 02:47

i have to admit that the Valhalla is such a stupid ship. i used one using the cheats in X3TC and was bored within 10 mins.... i prefer my Daedalus (yes the one from Stargate Atlantis) to that slow hunk of metal....

RobertIII
x3tc

Post by RobertIII » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 03:02

If you got to the Mars Shipyard there our ATF ships for sell with no MODs installed. It also has the M2+ which sports 7 2GJ shields and 30 fighters. But I agree the large M class ships are nice to fly by and have a look. Plus its nice to have an "I WIN" button for when you just want to clear a sector fast. Trying to take out a station in an M6 takes a few...

ryoken
x3tc

Post by ryoken » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 09:23

Why are people ranting about an M0 question with "get skill, get a life, I-win-button etc" ...? Maybe I am so godlike I can kill a pirate station with an space suit and the repair laser? Maybe not :D

Big ships are awesome. Who doesn't want to have a superstar destroyer if just to look at it? I don't get the rant reason to be honest. After all its a SP game and if I would like to have a trillion of M0+ DeathStar-I-win ships so be it. Not sure why this bothers some people here that much :grumble:

If you cannot answer a question then don't. Way too many "you have to play it like this" etc instead of helpful comments.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 09:35

I-Win-Buttons are Toxic to every game, be it multiplayer or single player, because they make the player get bored of the game much quicker then if they didnt exist

But as many of us have already said M0's are not I-Win-Buttons, they are compleatly defenceless (no turrents), Heavily shielded, planet destroyers, witch as Gazz has also pointed out - are pointless.

The kind of M0 your looking for is an M1/M2 Ubership, witch can easily be created using the cheat scripts.

The other problem with large ships in the game is the autopilot, over a ceratin size the autopilot just cannot avoid the object, and ships will ram into it no matter what you do, it also will not fit through a gate and even using a jumpdrive is risky because you could come out of the jump with part of the ship within the gate, or with a p2p jumpdrive, you could have part of your ship loged in an asteroid or station.

Basicly, simply having a huge ship in game, sitting in a sector... if you want to look at it you have to be prepaired for it to blow up, or for it to blow up half the sector through collisions, nuking your reputation along with it, The engine just cant handle it.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

ryoken
x3tc

Post by ryoken » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 09:40

Yes I understand. That is fine. I was just browsing through my ships in the Shipsviewer and did find several M0 labelled models I neve saw in game ... and they look great. Thats why I was asking. There was never an I-win or no-skill thing intended. Some people just like to jump to conclusion.

ryoken
x3tc

Post by ryoken » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 09:53

Here they are. (Edit: Why do I see it perfectly with thumbs in the preview but once posted I just see plaintext-links?)

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 10:21

There from XTC, i think
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”