[Terran Conflict] Goner Plot help

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hypochondriac
x3tc

[Terran Conflict] Goner Plot help

Post by Hypochondriac » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 19:55

I think I'm on the last goner mission. I need to follow a pirate batclaw. Problem is there are a bunch of Pirate destroyers and other large ships along the route.

What's the best way to finish this mission? I'm piloting a Vider. Do I need stronger ship to beat the pirate destroyers?

Is there a way to make those pirate less hostile?

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 20:15

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 20:18

If you are on generally good terms with the Pirates, try scanning them. That often turns red Pirate ships blue (as it re-assesses their standing with you).

Otherwise, just take a big ship with lots and lots of guns to fight off what comes at you.

Regards,

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 20:20

If you have the credits ... an M8 will clear the sector quite nicely.
If you don't ... then look for smuggling missions from trade stations, or directly to pirate stations to gain rep with them.

Hypochondriac
x3tc

Post by Hypochondriac » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 02:46

tatakau wrote:Your best bet is probably to use speed to avoid combat. Hang on one side of the ship you are following (left or right of flight path), and I'd any big ships get close, just jet over to the other side. Try to keep 10-18 km from the blastclaw, it will be tedious, but you should be okay.
That's what I did for the first few sectors. Then there was a pirate fleet and destroyer right by the jump gate when you enter a new sector

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Goner mission

Post by Bill Huntington » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 10:25

Hypochondriac, here are some of the things I have done for this one:

Do it in a Kestral. Speed is life.

Fly in front of, and higher than, the target. The distance is what matters.

You get some time that you don't have to be in contact, necessary for the gates.

You can fly the whole route before this mission, and put up satellites so you can know what is on the other side of the gate.

After Maelstrom, you can jump to the South gate of the Unknown, and run over from there to pick up the target, avoiding the red pirates.

You really shouldn't have to kill any pirates. Once you are at the pirate base, that is a different story for the ones that come out of the pirate base. But don't attack the blue pirates.

I hope this helps.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”