X3 "random sectors with unfitting EPIC osts"

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kzorsh
x4

X3 "random sectors with unfitting EPIC osts"

Post by Kzorsh » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 03:47

I just cant understand, what was they thinking ... when added such epic soundtracks to random/unknown/regular sectors .

Was exploring terran space, and suddenly i found an unknown sector gate .
Well, i entered it ... end ... this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLTpYLu2 ... re=related starts playing .

My thoughts "Whoa O_O the hell .... civilization died here ?"
And what i found there ? It was just a normal sector with 2 or 3 mining stations and suspicious "dark space installation" (that is just a renamed terran equipment dock with a look of mining station o_O)

What..the..hell ! Such themes are not for "unknown sectors" with no info about them ... thats just plain stupid to use EPIC soundtrack for nameless location >_<

p.s. For me = this is ideal AP torus theme

Skillzfire
x3ap

Post by Skillzfire » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 03:56

it encourages exploreing :) my personal hidden gem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge9bmxYK ... plpp_video think its in oort cloud
Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey, one is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, treasured by who bid him farewell. But alas, my guest's life has ended, his tale left unwritten

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 11:57

For me it's between Gestu Fune and Kuiper Belt
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

GrahamSimmons
x4

Post by GrahamSimmons » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 12:12

Home of Light, Kingdom End and Siezewell are all so stupendously beautiful that I have them on my "romantic sexytime music" playlist (and my girlfriend loves them!) haha :)

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 12:53

GrahamSimmons wrote:Home of Light, Kingdom End and Siezewell are all so stupendously beautiful that I have them on my "romantic sexytime music" playlist (and my girlfriend loves them!) haha :)
I agree with that, except for HOL which I don't care much for.

I just lve visiting Siezewell and KE just to hear those tracks.

GrahamSimmons
x4

Post by GrahamSimmons » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 12:57

Matthew94 wrote:
GrahamSimmons wrote:Home of Light, Kingdom End and Siezewell are all so stupendously beautiful that I have them on my "romantic sexytime music" playlist (and my girlfriend loves them!) haha :)
I agree with that, except for HOL which I don't care much for.

I just lve visiting Siezewell and KE just to hear those tracks.
HOL in Terran Conflict or Reunion? If Terran Conflict I advise you to click my link, for the music was different in X3R ;)

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 13:00

Kingdom End I found to be a bit Stairway to Heaven
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 14:43

What I find even more frustrating is that hidden in your installation (TC\soundtrack) are some fantastic tunes from previous X games, and small tracks that only play at designated mission bits, if at all.

In fact, the entire "X3 reunion OST" they give you as a free bonus in that directory is fantastic. All the variants of peace / war / etc are great. (I particularly think peace 6 is an epic space tune)

Some of these would be great for sectors, and some of the more funky ones would be great as additional combat music. But there is no easy way to get them in game afaik, and a sector can only have one track assigned to it.

One of my favourites, as a combat track, is the track that played during a X3 Reunion plot mission, where you flew a fighter inside a huge Yaki space station.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 15:03

@Ripskar, YES YES YES. The Kuiper Belt song, X3TC - Theme 1. Love it!

That, plus the Getsu Fune one, plus one of the new Albion Prelude ones, called Paranid Space [suspence 1] are my faves! (The last one is 08602, I'd suggest a listen.)
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Erikaiht
x3tc

Post by Erikaiht » Wed, 21. Dec 11, 06:51

Kingdom End. I've idled there for hours before.

Neferdias
x3tc

Post by Neferdias » Wed, 21. Dec 11, 06:57

I sat in Getsu Fune for an hour listening to that... till I found the track on my hard drive. Popped that into iTunes and shut off in game music... that was a good day.

KE and Seizwell are good tracks to. Sat on the stock exchange in Seizwell just for the tunes.

Tormbo
x4

Post by Tormbo » Wed, 21. Dec 11, 08:34

Definately Seizewell for me, can't say any other sector has urged me to pause there for an inordinate amount of time :)
Arrr!

A pirate? Me? Nah...

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 21. Dec 11, 08:36

I noticed that the music over in Wasteland is awfully creepy for a quiet, mostly uneventful sector.

It always makes me a little paranoid that a bunch of pirates or Xenon is going to spontaneously jump in on top of me.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 17:39

Ripskar wrote:Kingdom End I found to be a bit Stairway to Heaven
:o How did I not spot that?! It IS! :lol:
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”