X3AP Most Well Armed M2

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sesk
x4

X3AP Most Well Armed M2

Post by Sesk » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 05:25

Hey guys, which M2 has the most firepower against capital ships according to you? Non paranid & boron if possible.

WeriTis
x3tc

Post by WeriTis » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 05:29

Guess that would be the Tyr.

If you manage to get your right side towards the enemy, that is. The AP version still hasn't enough cargo space to carry the full loadout.
"An open mind is like a fortress with its gate unbarred and unguarded."
dzhedzho wrote: Trade - insults with other community members, or tips how to improve performance
Fight - with steam for refund, or the overwhelming feeling of hopelessness
Build - your patience and knowledge of xml save editing.
Think - before you preorder next time

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 05:39

The OTAS Boreas is a popular choice for its all-round above-average stats. It has heavy shielding, high speed, and loads of firepower with the generator to sustain it.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 05:40

the valhalla.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Old Drullo321
x4

Post by Old Drullo321 » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 05:46

What do you prefer?

From the list of buyable ships based on "stats only" itg would be the Tyr. But also in AP it is only a paper tiger because it has not enough cargo to carry all weapons/shield (not to mention some rockets and energy cells if you want to fly it on your own).
Otherwise the Boreas should be a good choice. Good stats and also in AI hands a powerful weapon. Its only disadvantage, it looks like an ant ;)

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 05:54

the tyr has 900+ cargo leftover when everything is accounted for.

thats enough for a few jumps.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

nielsw
x4

Post by nielsw » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 08:14

Catra wrote:the tyr has 900+ cargo leftover when everything is accounted for.
with all Point Singularity guns installed??

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 08:32

using the optimal loadout, not this silly notion that "if it can mount PSP, then it must mount PSP" notion.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 08:36

Also, filling out the side banks of a Tyr with SSCs and sidling up against a hostile capital ship looks really cool.

It's not like enemies can stop you from getting in range with your 12GJ of shielding. :p
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 08:37

You are right for IS combat but they are probably right for OOS. Is the Boron Mega any good by comparison to the Boreas?

expnobody

Post by expnobody » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 08:48

USC Heavy M2 Akihabara
24/32/32/16/16 + 8 missiles i win :lol:

Boreas is really the best choice for player piloted ship...
summer time..

Sesk
x4

Post by Sesk » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 09:05

Boreas only has 40 guns thought. I just really wanna melt something, don't care much for shields. Steering is important tho (I wanna dodge bullets).

The Tyr looks like it has a bunch of guns, but can both Front and Side batteries shoot at the same target, and if so, how much do I need to turn my ship.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 09:08

The Boreas has less guns than other heavy-duty capital ships, but it has phenomenal weapon compatibility, and loaded with IBLs and PPCs it can still put out incredible amounts of damage. It's also quite agile for a destroyer with a very small profile for its class.

Sakurabisu
x3tc

Post by Sakurabisu » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 09:13

The Megalodon's turret configuration is poor compared to most other M2s. It's also rather odd lore-wise. A Boron ship with none of the traditional Boron Ion Disruptors/Pulse Generators/Cannons, but Ion Shard Railguns in every slot? Did a Split in a Boron mask sneak his way onto the design comittee?

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 09:18

:lol:

I hadn't even looked at the load-out haha Ion cannons were always among my favourites on a Boreas in TC. So that disqualifies this split personality ship. :D

Sesk
x4

Post by Sesk » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 09:28

Sakurabisu wrote:The Megalodon's turret configuration is poor compared to most other M2s. It's also rather odd lore-wise. A Boron ship with none of the traditional Boron Ion Disruptors/Pulse Generators/Cannons, but Ion Shard Railguns in every slot? Did a Split in a Boron mask sneak his way onto the design comittee?
Maybe they recruited a rogue Split ship designer, since the description says it was built to counter the Split, they clearly needed a fresh take on ship design, since their previous iterations weren't up to the task. Just throwing that out there.

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 09:33

Sesk wrote:Boreas only has 40 guns thought. I just really wanna melt something, don't care much for shields. Steering is important tho (I wanna dodge bullets).

The Tyr looks like it has a bunch of guns, but can both Front and Side batteries shoot at the same target, and if so, how much do I need to turn my ship.
you dont need to turn the ship to fire forward. =P

Evil Smurfkiller
x3ap

Post by Evil Smurfkiller » Thu, 1. Mar 12, 05:54

VALHALLA. if you wanna kill. I have 2. love em.
No plan you will ever make survives contact with the enemy....

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Thu, 1. Mar 12, 06:06

Ok, lots of answers and everybody ignored the supposedly buffed split destroyer. For anti-capital duty it beats all other ships really. 6+6+8 PPC on target and very slim profile. I am test-driving Megaloodon now and it actually losses in competition because you can't really dodge fire in it. In Python you can clear all Xenon sectors without shield recharge (with some skill of course).

Valhalla - too fat and it is a bullet magnet. Unless they fixed turrets since TC, it is a bit broken as well. Also, can't jump without support ships.

Tyr - OK, but not enough cargo for the full loadout

Kyoto - that is a decent competitor, but only if you mostly rely on its docked M8. One on one combat is doable, but Python beats it. Due to the slim profile it also can dodge, even with its size.

Boreas - it is just OK now when somebody stole its shield.

Evil Smurfkiller
x3ap

Post by Evil Smurfkiller » Thu, 1. Mar 12, 06:17

Versus a human opponent i admit the Valhalla would be beaten because of its sheer size. but....

Vs a computer? I destroy pythons handily.

As i said earlier...

if you wanna just kill, get a VALHALLA.
No plan you will ever make survives contact with the enemy....

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”