Garbled dialogue text in X-BTF

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Khalid1988
x3tc

Garbled dialogue text in X-BTF

Post by Khalid1988 » Wed, 21. Dec 11, 16:14

Hey!

I've been having a blast with X-BTF, although recently the dialogue text has started to become garbled in a way that parts of letters are missing and so on. This doesn't really matter with docking requests where I know what the line is because it used to be clear but for example when communicating with other ships it sort of...well not ruins but makes the gaming experience less enjoyable when you have no idea what you are discussing about with the aliens.

Is there any way to take a screenshot from the game so I could perhaps post one here to better explain my problem? Or has anyone else experienced similar problems before. I'm using Windows XP as operating system.

aquatica
x4

Post by aquatica » Wed, 21. Dec 11, 16:58

Couldn't find the thing now.. but I recall there has been some tweak to fix them one way or another (maybe using compatibility mode?), found it via Google and it wasn't on Egosoft's forums. If someone has the workaround available?

PS. I think it had something to do with nVidia display drivers (similar issue as was on X-Wing Alliance etc...)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 20:54

You're not trying to run the game at a very low resolution are you?

Khalid1988
x3tc

Post by Khalid1988 » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 00:38

Oh, yeah. It seems like the problem indeed was that the resolutions weren't matching...guess it can happen with older games. Also marking the Compatibility Mode-option helped the issue and the text is readable again! :) Thank you for assistance.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”