stock exchange bug?!.. waay too easy and stupid

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kucikac
x4

stock exchange bug?!.. waay too easy and stupid

Post by Kucikac » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 00:48

Well, after 3 days play i made more than 3 bil of credits thanks to stock exchange… it most surely screwd my game… it is too easy and even more easier to well how to day that…
Spoiler
Show
hmm i earned about 2 bil on meat stakes cahoonas alone… like u;ll have to meet the demand.. build about 6 bakeries L and on seta. u;ll wait few moments and the supply wll be higher than demande so price would be at minimum..at that point u’ll just have to buy all shares, than stop production at your cahoona complex which makes the price go sky high and only thing now u'd have to do is just sell those share previously bought with insane triple profit.. then start production again, buy again the same shares, stop production and sell the shares and over and over agan.. kinda ugly thing..screws your game… mine sure did.. thanks egosoft or whoever worked on it:(
anyway... game was good, fast and i enjoyed it up until point of earning first 360 mil because of this bug or how to say this.. disadvantage...
it just shoulf be somehow limited or so... please share your view or is there someone else with same problem? thanks for reply

dargj2
x3tc

Post by dargj2 » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 00:53

If you felt it was too easy to make money from it why didnt you just...... not use it?

Radical idea I know.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 00:55

A great example on how to cheat your own game? for what? to ruin it.

I still don't understand people who exploit their own games if they really don't like cheating. Single player exploiting = esquizo...

But anyways.. stock exchange in real life is no different ;P

Kucikac
x4

Post by Kucikac » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 01:04

well you are absolutely right.. but first time i thought it was just a good deel... like normal thing that once in a while with some luck it is possible to earn so much money and it was but still hell easy.. than after that i found out that factory can be disabled:D which created that cycle of never ending money stream... well i did story line in time... before i was able to dig money out of nothin... but a bought every thing that one is able to buy in game, lost me "appetite".. just a bit complaining and second thing is that you guys should know this.. that its possible.. and perhaps to overcome this issue somehow? :roll: and yeah..dont cheat when you know how..i want to see ya:D

Sir Warwick
x4

Post by Sir Warwick » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 03:19

I was wondering about the possibility of an AL script to examine the supply/demand for various wares in a region and occasionally build stations to supply those wares.

That would at least have the affect of increasing the size of the NPC economy (making it harder to manipulate share values), but would only drive share values down.

So you have a companion script where pirates and/or corp rivals come and trash the occasional built station (not existing ones due to potential plot ties etc) when supply gets too high.

This would at least add some life to the AP universe with a simple economic purpose., not to mention slowly increasing pirate/yaki station numbers as well until supply got too high.

Simple self balancing capitalist economy :)

I wonder if stations be can be assigned as corporate assets - ie mark a station as say OTAS owned and therefore impact there share value.

smac1975

Re: stock exchange bug?!.. waay too easy and stupid

Post by smac1975 » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 13:28

Kucikac wrote:Well, after 3 days play i made more than 3 bil of credits thanks to stock exchange… it most surely screwd my game… it is too easy and even more easier to well how to day that…
Spoiler
Show
hmm i earned about 2 bil on meat stakes cahoonas alone… like u;ll have to meet the demand.. build about 6 bakeries L and on seta. u;ll wait few moments and the supply wll be higher than demande so price would be at minimum..at that point u’ll just have to buy all shares, than stop production at your cahoona complex which makes the price go sky high and only thing now u'd have to do is just sell those share previously bought with insane triple profit.. then start production again, buy again the same shares, stop production and sell the shares and over and over agan.. kinda ugly thing..screws your game… mine sure did.. thanks egosoft or whoever worked on it:(
anyway... game was good, fast and i enjoyed it up until point of earning first 360 mil because of this bug or how to say this.. disadvantage...
it just shoulf be somehow limited or so... please share your view or is there someone else with same problem? thanks for reply
The funny things is that's exactly how the capitalism is screwing world's economy but instead of pr0ducing and stop producing cahonas they use a much better tool which is speculation :D
That's what we neet in AP, a market speculation tool!
We also need a sector where we can produce goods at a very low price (A China like sector).
Besides that regulating minimum prizes and maximum prizes are REGULATING and us the neoliberalist don't like regulations.

:D
smac1975

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 22. Dec 11, 13:55

So, question of it all: Is this a thread about the Stock Exchange script for X3TC or the adaption that made it into X3AP?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Kucikac
x4

Post by Kucikac » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 03:24

well.. the one that made it to the x3AP

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 17:08

Moving this topic to the X-Universe forum then.

***moved***
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 19:12

So stock market MANIPULATION ruins your game? :roll:
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

stingo000

Post by stingo000 » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 19:41

HAHAHA This is called INSIDER TRADING! You should have been arrested by Argon Federation with you Cahoonas confiscated.

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 21:33

and to think they "fixed" the nividium exploit (ruining mobile mining as a whole in the process) to introduce an even more blatant and easier exploit in the form of this stock exchange thing. Way to go...

Neferdias
x3tc

Post by Neferdias » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 04:01

At least with the nividium, having 100 ships collecting, the monetary gain was a slower steady pace that required a bit of micro managing. It never bothered me cause it took a fair bit of effort.

I don't mind the stock exchange cause i don't plan to exploit it, but it's still much simpler to get it started.

Nividium in TC = doing a bunch of missions to gain enough money to outfit a freighter then wait for it to fill, then sell it, repeat with more freighter.

Stock exchange = start new game, turn 90 degrees, accelerate, cap Dukes transport, sell, teladi SE, profitssssss

CharlieChop
x4

Post by CharlieChop » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 05:18

dont forget that SETA wont be in Rebirth. even though making money in AP is easy with SE and SETA.... it is a LOT slower if played as it should be. ive been playing the SE without SETA and it definitely feels alright. i just made 200 mil by playing and it certainly doesnt feel like a hack or a game ruining experience.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 05:51

I don't understand people who say that some/any exploit ruined their game - because if you see an - exploit don't use it. If you used it "accidentally" dump your money - buy a Boreas and blow it to pieces or send a several hundred kestrels to scan asteroids IS and watch the fireworks or whatever.
EDIT: not saying that Stock Exchange shouldn't be fixed it is an interesting thing if it was done correctly, but as long as it is not fixed just don't use it - problem solved

Xyberviri

Post by Xyberviri » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 06:09

Actually this is exactly how the Oil market works.

When the price per barrel is too low, the oil companies start shutting down plants because its driving the cost down, so they start shutting down rigs to save on costs, then the price starts to go up because there isn't any supply and there happy.

Then the price just pretty much stays there and 20 years later gas is almost 4x what it use to be.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”