[AP] Yaki Rep Bug?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xander Cade
x3tc

[AP] Yaki Rep Bug?

Post by Xander Cade » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 01:01

In TC it is normally okay to do a few anti-Yaki missions without too much of a rep hit because you can replace any loss through booze trading. If you do happen to screw up you can always pick up random Yaki combat missions to fix things and/or hack the stations. Therein lies the problem...

After a Teladi patrol which involved about 20 Yaki, I knew my rep had taken a hit but I was surprised to discover that only the Stock Exchange had gone red. Okay, no problem, I thought, I can still use the Shipyard. No I couldn't. Despite being blue, the Shipyard was inaccessible to me. All of the Yaki flying around Senator's Badlands were blue, but refused to talk to me. The Yaki patrol in Weaver's Tempest had always been red, but the two stations near the gate were blue... and they refuse to talk.

After spending ages flying in nearby Paranid sectors, I finally found a hacker who offered to hack the Stock Exchange, and only the Stock Exchange (since that was the only red station). Even though the SE is now blue they still won't talk to me, let alone allow me to land.

I have yet to see a single Yaki flying around with a mission on offer. Yes, I know they don't survive very long, but they should appear when you jump through a gate.

I have never come across something like this before and have no idea how to rectify the problem.

What makes this worse is that I built an Ore & Booze plex to feed the IBL forges. I could probably live without the IBLs (I dunno how, that's just crazy-talk), but the loss of access to the SY is really hurting since the Chokaro always makes up a large part of my fleets.
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 14:34

You annoyed the Yaki enough for them not to want to trade with you yet not quite enough for them to want to kill you. You shot at them yet now expect to easily become good friends? That was a choice of yours and is hardly a bug.

The difficulty in finding Yaki ship missions may be different in X3AP compared with X3TC - I don't actually know whether there are less/none, they just get killed off quicker or are more sensitive to relations with the Player. Either way, your mistake may have been in trying to apply previous X3TC gameplay/exploits to X3AP.

Moving to Universe for gameplay comments from other players.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

klingens

Post by klingens » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 14:52

The fix would be to annoy the Yaki some more so they go red and you can then pay a hacker to finally fix your reputation?

piranhai aka Dragonslayer
xr

Post by piranhai aka Dragonslayer » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 14:58

1.Hire a TL from one of the Races.
2.Send him into Yaki territory.
3.Destroy the TL
4.Get reputation with the Yaki.

In TC I need 2-3 TLs to get the Yaki friendly.

klingens

Post by klingens » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 15:10

Will the TL survive the roids around the entrance to Yaki space?

Tormbo
x4

Post by Tormbo » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 15:13

As long as you're not in sector with it, it should do just fine.
Arrr!

A pirate? Me? Nah...

Donziboy2
x3tc

Post by Donziboy2 » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 15:14

Your better off waiting for it in the first yaki system since the roids will slow it way down......

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 18:41

I don't think you understand.

ONLY the Stock Exchange is red. The SY and other stations are blue but refuse to allow me to dock. The ONLY station that can be hacked is the Stock Exchange (the only red one) and when I did hack it it went blue but still refused to allow me to land.

I don't know whether this is the same or a different bug, but I hacked that station several hours before logging off last night. When I loaded up the latest save the Stock Exchange in Senator's Badlands was red again. Again, the SE is the ONLY red station.

So now the problem seems to be that only one of the Yaki stations is red, but I can't dock at any of them, and that red station can be hacked, but the hacking doesn't work.
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 19:54

It looks like you haven't tried many of the "hard" starts where major races hate your guts. When you try to repair your reputation, there is a step when stations are not red but do not allow you to dock because your reputation is too low. You got yourself into this situation with yaki...

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 20:09

I actually found the Yaki easier to deal with in AP, probably because I haven't actually fought them save for one or two M3s of theirs that I had to kill for assassination missions, I've actually done a few missions for them now :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”