Company Stock exchange

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mim525
x3tc

Company Stock exchange

Post by mim525 » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 16:10

Hey, Im usualy used to local exchanges but i wanted to experiment in companys .I've invested 7mill into a company thats on index 100 (Pretty good Deal) but the index isnt getting lower than 100 mayby it shifts to the mid 90's but i want to sell my shares at 50-70 does it take time to the index's to shift?

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 16:56

In order to make a good company investment, you need to carefully research the company's long term prospects for success, examine its underlying business model, see whether it is viable and if there are good prospects for the services or goods the company provides, as well as the strength of it competition.

Actually nevermind, it's all based on a random number generator and you can't do any of those things. Just invest at index 100 and hope it goes down so you can make some money.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 17:01

You could be waiting some time.
I'm buying in all companies with index 95 or higher and selling at index 85 or lower.
I also applying trade-sizing.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

SepticTooth
x4

Post by SepticTooth » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 17:38

Falcrack wrote:In order to make a good company investment, you need to carefully research the company's long term prospects for success, examine its underlying business model, see whether it is viable and if there are good prospects for the services or goods the company provides, as well as the strength of it competition.

Actually nevermind, it's all based on a random number generator and you can't do any of those things. Just invest at index 100 and hope it goes down so you can make some money.

:lol:

Corporate and Company index takes forever to change a decent amount, in my game it takes the Corporate stocks forever to even get to 100 then they promptly fall to the 60's but they're so rarely above 70 I have only bought stocks in those twice so far.

Company index always seems to hover around the 90's when I invest in a 99 or 100 index stock and only falls lower for me if I don't invest in it at all, so I started just investing in every 99-100 index stock and selling at 80-90 depending on how long it takes for it to even fall because waiting any longer then that only to see it shoot back up to the 90's for a few hours nets me no income at all, making more money that way then I did sitting on stocks waiting for them to drop. Seems the only stocks that fall to 60 or lower are ones that I invested in early in my game and wouldn't leave the high 90's for as long as I owned stock in their company.. :shock:

The only time I managed to get one to fall lower was one of the more expensive stocks I picked up at index 100 and it took a very long time to fall to the mid 80's, when it got around that point it was worth about 7 or 8 million profit so I kept saving my game then running on seta to see how far it would go but it stopped and within a matter of seconds shot straight back up to the 90's so I said screw that and reloaded my game and sold out while it was worth something.

mim525
x3tc

Post by mim525 » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 17:48

How about Corportaion stock exchange? People are saying thats quite profitable!

bufi
x4

Post by bufi » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 18:01

1. Scalping method on local exchange -> fast time changing prices -> low investing money -> low profits.

2. Medium term -> Company indexes -> medium time changing prices -> medium investing money -> medium profits.

3. Long term -> Corporation indexes -> long time changing prices -> high investing money -> higher profitsssss...

For example medium term - Company opened trades and for test
Corporate, after few hours:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bufi/scree ... 947704529/

R.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”