Best price on trading software mk2 seems greyed out

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

evilosmosis

Best price on trading software mk2 seems greyed out

Post by evilosmosis » Sun, 25. Dec 11, 17:30

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=297924

I'm following those video's and installed nearly all the upgrades on my Mercury, but when I fly it to another sector and go to the command console the "buy at best price" is greyed out, what did I do wrong?

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sun, 25. Dec 11, 17:40

Do you have the best buy locator? It's available from some Teladi equipment docks. Also, if I remember correctly you need at least one unit of the ware you want to buy aboard your Mercury.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Sun, 25. Dec 11, 19:01

Zaitsev wrote:Do you have the best buy locator? It's available from some Teladi equipment docks. Also, if I remember correctly you need at least one unit of the ware you want to buy aboard your Mercury.
You don't need the one ware. You need Best Buy (and/or Best Sell) software and Trading System Extension.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Sun, 25. Dec 11, 19:49

Also, maybe be careful not to confuse "Remote Best Buy" with mk2 Buy Ware at Best Price, since they're both being talked about in this thread.

For Mk2 Buy Ware, you might make sure that the homebase has properly "set" for the ship. It sometimes clears itself if you go issue a command directly after setting it for the first time.

Setting the homebase, then leaving the command menu for a second before issuing the trade command avoids this problem.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”