M6 Main gunner on strike.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Luckystrike1

M6 Main gunner on strike.

Post by Luckystrike1 » Sun, 25. Dec 11, 21:05

Hello and merry x-mas (badumtish) everyone.

I started the x-series with AP, so im quite new to the game. So far things go along nicely. My m6, the centaur you get in the argon plot and a captured heavy nemesis however, both refuse to use their main guns, while their turrets still do their jobs.

The Centaur had the default loadout, with an added massdriver, which it used until i took it off - then it never used its mainguns again.
Both M6 have all the softwares available in teladi and argon space and the turret configurations are set to Missile Defence.

Id appreciate any insight as to how to get them to let lose some hell :)

Neferdias
x3tc

Post by Neferdias » Sun, 25. Dec 11, 21:10

Are you using an attack enemy command from the menu? Cause if you are not, the ship will just evade and the turret scripts will do their job.

If you select one of the attack commands it should use it's main guns without hesitation... provided it can get a proper bead on the target.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Sun, 25. Dec 11, 21:34

When you say took it off, did you replace them with another set of lasers?
I know it sounds silly but I'm sure some people have done it lol
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 25. Dec 11, 21:37

You may have switched to an empty laser group (1-4) while in that cockpit.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

goffrc
x3tc

Post by goffrc » Sun, 25. Dec 11, 21:58

Since you are new, you may not realize that the main guns on the M6's are controled by the pilot.
When you removed the gun and did not switch to another group you left yourself unarmed.
There is a lot to learn about this game, but once you do it is a lot of fun.
Good luck and enjoy.

Luckystrike1

Post by Luckystrike1 » Sun, 25. Dec 11, 22:08

Thx for the answers so far, i will try each suggestion now.
To the game itself, it really is plenty fun. Im a longterm eve player and always missed the gameplay i find in X3.

Also my first capture of the heavy nemesis was heartattack inducing, once the bastard went blue i was literally dancing and shouting :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”