X3 AP "Stuck" in omicron

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TheZoq2

X3 AP "Stuck" in omicron

Post by TheZoq2 » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 21:40

Hi, I got X3 TC about one year back and played it quite a lot back then but I didn't get a station. Now that AP was relased I brought it and with the stock exchange I was able to make some quick money. So I got a station and put it in Omicron lyrie (Crappy spelling). That turned out to be a BIG mistake. Since it's a warzone in AP terrans appear quite frequently in this sector but they don't attack my stations when I am in the sector. When I leave the sector however they attack allmost imidiently. I can't make it into a sector 2 jumps away without my station being completley destroyed when I finaly get there. When i'm out of the sector they seem to priorotice my stations over the other.

The first thing I decided to try was laserturrets. I found some in the spawnector (Argon sector M148) or something. So I sent a ship I had there with the only laser turret avalible to me that I could find. The problem was that the ship had to go thru treasure chest- another warzone. It imedietly got destroyed with the turret inside.

Now I decided to get a friggate, the Cerberus to defend the station when i'm gone. But I soon found out there are allmost no place to buy any good guns other than the small 38K guns. Basicaly im stuck in this sector now. Do anyone have a solutuion for this?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 22:03

dump the station and move on, you couldn't have built a bigger house of cards if you tried
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 22:08

dont build in war zone (i know it is kinda late now), you could buy a swarm of nova's and leave them to defend the sector while you try and get several capitals outfitted, but that is just a pointless waste of credits

Bill Bones
x3

Post by Bill Bones » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 22:19

Do they attack assets independently of player standing with Terrans?

TheZoq2

Post by TheZoq2 » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 22:44

If I was standing whit the terrans I think Argon would attack instead

I will do as you said and move to Argon prime instead..
I managed to get all my ships out safley so it shuldn't be a problem...

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 22:49

Bill Bones wrote:Do they attack assets independently of player standing with Terrans?
yes

Sir Warwick
x4

Post by Sir Warwick » Wed, 28. Dec 11, 00:29

Either side will trash anything left in those sectors whenever the [PLAYERSHIP] is not there....

Also as you are not there - then leaving even huge number of fully pimped up destroyers wont help that much with stupid OOS combat behaviour.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 28. Dec 11, 07:56

Just accept the station is dead and take the loss on the chin, is my advice--there's no way to keep that station alive in a warzone, the enemy forces deployed are too great for anything you could reasonably put there to handle. Besides, if you DID put that Cerberus in there to protect it, you'd lose a lot more money when that got destroyed as well!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”