Resupplying M7M at Equipment Dock? [AP]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

lasserith
x4

Resupplying M7M at Equipment Dock? [AP]

Post by lasserith » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 03:19

So this is in the script forum because I am guessing what I want to do will involve a combination of several scripts. I have my production complex setup pumping out flails, tomahawk, and firestorm missiles. I've built an equipment dock in the sector to keep all my capital ships at for convenient resupply. I've tried to use commercial agent set to keep 100% products supplied to the equipment dock yet it refuses to transfer the missiles from the complex which is in sector. (Although it does get energy cells which is nice). I'd like to avoid using a transport for each type of missile because soon I'll be expanding my complex to make Shields and PPC's as well and I would like an all in one solution. So anyone have any good script ideas to make the dock resupply from the complex and then M7M's etc that are docked pull from the dock supply (since the dock can only hold a paltry 30 missiles which is yet another issue I'd like solved). Thanks so much in advance, and remember AP mods only please.

platinawolf
x4

Post by platinawolf » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 10:26

Wouldnt CLS be able to handle it? External logistics
Pick up X amount of each ware, drop it of at equipment dock.

Then another that takes the wares and resuplies your m7m's (make sure trade only in sector is on and dont give it a transporter device). Not the most flexible system I admit but it works as a stop-gap measure, especially if you only have a few M7M's.

Moizo
xr

Post by Moizo » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 15:11

The fleet function is supposed to fix your resupply issue, figuring out how to do get it to work was a challenge for me, but maybe you got better luck.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 15:19

If you install the Advanced Complex-Hub mod, your M7M can dock with the complex directly.
No problem with the small capacity of a dock.
No problem with lots of freighters being required to ferry the goods around.

Cure the cause, not the symptoms. =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

bfifteenv
x3tc

Post by bfifteenv » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 23:25

Don't use Edocks and CAGs. Use TLs and CLS.

Use an External CLS to take goods as they are produced from the factory to the TL.

You can pull the M7M up along side the TL and transfer manually.

Or you can use a second Ext. CLS to deliver the goods from the TL to the M7M. And if he's trained up, he'll even use the jumpdrive to deliver payload to the M7M on the other side of the Universe.

If the M7M is going into battle, just turn the outgoing (from the TL) CLS off. When he's in a safe place again and in need of resupply, just turn the CLS back on and he'll jump back and forth until the M7M is back to your preset stock levels.

The best use of an Edock for heavy missiles is procuring them from external sources. Use CAGs to buy the missiles from other races when they are available. Use the same CLS TS to take missiles FROM the Edock to the TL too, to supplement your own production.

If you don't have enough money to buy a TL, you can use a TS (or multiple TSs) as the stockhouse and an experienced CLS will be able to maintain the stock levels on them same as they would a single TL.

Or when you get really far along, multiple TLs full of heavy missiles and a fleet of M6/TM CLSs resupplying a fleet of M7Ms. Imagine the carnage! And all the logistics is automated, so all you have to do is start the fights.

lasserith
x4

Post by lasserith » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 01:58

I'll give the logistics software a go. I have 2 fully self sufficient flail, firestorm, and hammerhead factories. Thought it was a massive waste of money until I did a patrol mission through the terran sectors and had 2 M2's an M1 and a couple of M7's warp in on me. Warped in the aquilo and within a few minutes everything died. Pretty scary actually.

Moizo
xr

Post by Moizo » Wed, 28. Dec 11, 16:38

If the TL is also a fleet commander it will resupply the M7M, fighters, and M8's automatically, CLS's to the TL are indeed a great way to go.

Having a TL as a Fleet commander brings alot of risks, so im gonna try a Carrier with alot of cargospace, set CLS's to that and go from there...

I fear that it can't carry enough to supply a moderate/large fleet but ill have a looksee...

platinawolf
x4

Post by platinawolf » Wed, 28. Dec 11, 17:45

Why would a TL be a huge risk to have as a fleet commander? I was under the impression the fleet commander was just sitting there being pretty? The foe's smart enough to launch missiles towards it?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”