Remote Mining and Defense Commands (Albion)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Darkstone751
x3tc

Remote Mining and Defense Commands (Albion)

Post by Darkstone751 » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 10:57

Hey Guys...

Two questions for those who are far more advanced at playing this than me:

1) I've had my first remote miner up and running for just over a day using the Mine & Trade command setup. I've been tracking it's progress and so far, it's happily running around the sector blowing the crap out of anything that doesn't move and collecting the ore. When it's full up, it happily ships off and sells automatically. I have the Best Sell Locater installed - is it using this to gain the best sell price from any adjacent sectors that have advanced satelites? Reason I ask is it sold the freight, but I have no idea what it sold for or whether it even accessed the Best Sell Locater to determine the best place to offload.

If it's not accessing the Best Sell Locater, does that require an additional software upgrade somewhere? Currently its loaded with Trade 1 & 2.

2) I installed a Partical Gun on the back for missile defense and set the turret configuration for Missile Defense Only. This has been responsible for the death of many rocks in my mining endeavor. I also equipped it with some low level missiles as well and installed them ready to be used if something nasty decides to poke a laser at my remote ship. Will these fire automatically, or does it require a reserve software command as well? Currently have Fight 1 & 2 installed, but i can't see where to add the additional command so that it continues Mine & Trade, but falls back on a 'launch missiles in defense if attacked'.

Am I asking too much of the system or is there a way to set this up? As it's my first ship, it's only a TL Mercury Super Freighter.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Jase.

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 11:08

the only time a trader makes use of any software onboard is if its a Sector / Universe Trader nad has fight 1 and 2 onboard which gives it access to a automatic blacklist feature.

ships will retiliate when theyre attacked automatically unless given a retreat order.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”