Hex cheat in Xtension

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scartha4040
x3tc

Hex cheat in Xtension

Post by Scartha4040 » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 07:10

Ok I have finally worked out how to get the hex cheat to work.
Download the following Hex editor. (I used this one)
http://www.general-files.com/downloa...ex51a.zip.html
And the dosbox from the following website
http://www.mediafire.com/?0dc1sxmjcg1rtbw
Make sure you have DOS box running if you are using win7x64
Now make a backup of the game. copy and paste it somewhere else on your computer

Now if you want 900,000,000 Credits. Then u need to do the following
You start off with 2500 credits. Convert to hexadecimal. Use calc and make sure Programmer calcualtor is there
So the hex conversion for 2500 is 9C4
But to get it to 900,000,000 you have to add the following

This is 2500 in Hex and the extra 0's are for the 900,000,000

00 00 09 C4

Now 900,000,000 in hex is
35 A4 E9 00

All you do is run the hex editor do a search. Now keep on searching for 00 00 09 C4 until it finds no more of them. When you do get a result type in the numbers like so 35 then you press delete and so on until you get to the end of the 900,000,000. You are removing the old hex numbers from the save game.
Save the game and then you should have 900,000,000
DO NOT TRY FOR 999,999,999 IT DOES NOT WORK AND YOUR GAME WILL CRASH (I know I tried it)
If you need more assistance email me at scartha4040@yahoo.com. I live in Australia. I will try and get a little document with pics in it for you.

Above all have fun.

Or if you just want the save game email me and I will send it back to you

I have also been reading about the ways to get you rep up with the Split and Paranid. Well that is easy. Split want Nostrop Oil. So put a Nostrop Oil Factory in Thuruks Beard make sure you allow for trading for everyone and then set the jumps to 2 gates Setup you Transports and they can go into Teladi sectors to get the items. And for the Paranid put a Teladianium factory in Emperors Mines (same all you need to get is Energy Cells, and there is all of the Argon sectors there for you) and wait. You will get a great rep with them and no having to go to pirate bases. Plus you can save your game in that sector
Scartha

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”