Requesting help with Cheats for AP and TC

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Maliki
x3tc

Requesting help with Cheats for AP and TC

Post by Maliki » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 21:51

I am trying to get the cheat package setup so I can give my toon some manuvering capital in both TC and AP. I have it on Steam! I wanted to know exactly what I need to do to get both version to use the Script editor. I know how to change pilots name to "Thereshallbewings" but what do I do before and after said change? I just want to give him 1 mill so he can upgrade his ship. I would appreciate any assistance that I would be granted.

Thanks in advance
:roll:

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 22:49

Firstly, this is an S&M question not a technical support question.

However, your problem is probably that you did not RTFM. in Cycrow's thread where he posted the cheat package and where you downloaded it. Nor did you read the sticky in that subforum, where you would have been told to ask all questions related to a script or mod in the relevant topic.

The package, unless updated by Cycrow (I don't use it atm so I can't say for sure) 1) Unless there is a new version the command slot doesn't work in AP (i.e. through the ship's command menu) and 2) You can access the main cheat package menu by assigning a hotkey in your controls -> interface section.

Maliki
x3tc

Post by Maliki » Sat, 31. Dec 11, 00:30

Well, I am sorry that this is in the wrong area but this site is alittle difficult to navigate. And secondly, you don't have to be so rude. I am just learning.
Thirdly, I know nothing about modding and the like. :evil:

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sat, 31. Dec 11, 01:09

Maliki if you run cycrows plugin manager it will find TC and AP's steam installs then download or run depending on the options you get it should install on plugin manager, it might come up with game mode is vanilla but you can change that in the plugin manager.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Sat, 31. Dec 11, 03:03

Maliki wrote:Well, I am sorry that this is in the wrong area but this site is alittle difficult to navigate. And secondly, you don't have to be so rude. I am just learning.
Thirdly, I know nothing about modding and the like. :evil:
I am sorry if I appeared rude. I did not mean to be. Curt, maybe, but not rude. I hope, with Cycrow's instructions, you have managed to get it working. Happy hunting.

Maliki
x3tc

No. I haven't

Post by Maliki » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 22:06

gotten the blasted thing to cooperate. These are the steps I have taken so far:

Pilot name: Thereshallbewings
Script Editor started
P for pilot (to check if name had been changed) confirmed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am using the Steam website portal to play the game.

Now what do I do to access needed areas please? Stumped here. Can't find where the directory is on my hard drive if it is in fact there.

Please assist. :?

joelR
x3tc

Re: No. I haven't

Post by joelR » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 22:16

Maliki wrote:gotten the blasted thing to cooperate. These are the steps I have taken so far:

Script Editor started
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now what do I do to access needed areas please? Stumped here. Can't find where the directory is on my hard drive if it is in fact there.

What? Please restate the question. Im not clear on what you are asking for.

What do you mean by p for pilot?

Maliki
x3tc

Re: No. I haven't

Post by Maliki » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 23:02

joelR wrote:
Maliki wrote:gotten the blasted thing to cooperate. These are the steps I have taken so far:

Script Editor started

What? Please restate the question. Im not clear on what you are asking for.

What do you mean by p for pilot?
P=Pilot yes.

I had confirmed that the name had been changed. Now what do I do get to the cheat menu. I have used every key press that wasn't already defined.

I was looking for a cheat menu button or something along those lines. :cry:

I don't mean to be a pain but I am so eager to get on with my career in game.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 23:52

You arent being a pain. Dont worry about that. :)

You have to assign a hotkey for it if youre using it in AP.

If using it in TC, you'll find it under the "custom" command in the ship command menu.

Edit: Im assuming you have installed it with the plugin manager right? The cheat scripts that is.

Maliki
x3tc

Now have my pilot name

Post by Maliki » Tue, 11. Jun 13, 20:04

changed to "Thereshallbewings" and started the Script Editor but how and where do I assign a key to the cheat menu? I am playing the game through Steam and don't know what to do next. :?

Do I need to keep it on Steam site or somehow download it to my local drive?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 11. Jun 13, 20:46

A hotkey can be assigned in the ingame options under Controls -> Extensions.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 00:57

This post (and its links) may help you to understand the basics: Installation Tips

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 09:54

you dont even need to change your name to enable the script editor.

this is done automatically when using the plugin manager

just install the cheat scripts and assign the hotkey

Maliki
x3tc

Even if

Post by Maliki » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 22:16

I am playing X3 through steam? I don't know where the files are on my computer if this is true. I would prefer them to be on my computer so I can have access to them more freely.

FuryFlex
x3tc

Post by FuryFlex » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 06:11

If all you want is a million credits, and you already have access to the MSCI, then just go in there, choose "Script Editor", make a new script (call it aaa.money or something so it goes to the top of the list). Choose "<new line>", "trade commands", "add money to player". Choose <Number> from near the bottom of the list, and enter 1000000.

So you should now have a script with the single line:
add money to player: 1000000

Hit <escape>, save the script. Then put your cursor over "aaa.money" in the script list, and press R (to run it). Hit <enter> a couple of times, then you'll be back at the script list, but one million credits richer.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”