Impulse Ray Emitter stock =0

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

moogie

Impulse Ray Emitter stock =0

Post by moogie » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 06:10

What do we do when the weapon I need to buy for my first ship is always out of stock?

My ship has everything except weapons I'm a toothless dog...

Any thoughts?
Nothing is ever easy!

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 06:15

IREs are finicky, they can sell out quickly, but a few areas have large supplies that don't seem to move. Keep exploring and try to find an IRE forge with a surplus. Make sure to check equipment docks as well, as those cycle IREs in and out of stock rather frequently.

Just out of curiosity, which ship are you flying? If you're only in an M5 then guns aren't completely necessary, as nothing can hurt you with some clever flying. Wait until you get an M4 or M3 before moving into combat. You can build up funds for a Buster or other M4 by doing small trade runs of low volume, high value goods or passenger transport and delivery missions.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Neferdias
x3tc

Post by Neferdias » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 06:17

Bark really loudly at your screen... maybe you can get them to bail from their ships in fright.

You could always do "find ship" missions, transport missions... just to pass the time till some are in stock. You could also go exploring and try to find a factory that produces them and feed the factory. Might be hard in a new game unless you're doing the Humble Merchant start cause you'll need to transport ore (which is XL sized cargo).

Not much else you can do really.

kylania
x4

Post by kylania » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 08:49

Ran into the same problem myself. Ended up traveling to a war zone before I found any in stock.

moogie

Post by moogie » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 15:27

You guys are really great.

Thanks a bunch
Nothing is ever easy!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”