Player HQ reverse engineering time (in TC)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

human chancelor
x4

Player HQ reverse engineering time (in TC)

Post by human chancelor » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 20:05

So today I finally got around to putting my HQ to use, my question is how long does it take to reverse engineer a ship? I put in a ship (the Hyperion) in the reverse engineering que and a few hours later it still isnt in my production options. I mean, I could just build a load of busters and have that as the only function of my HQ but I'd rather use it for making myself a living with it. I know I can use my other stations to do that but I really want to make the most out of this HQ.

Thanks!

Chris
What do you mean you didn't do it? I just saw you! Now say sorry to the nice Boron...

Neil Depledge
x3tc

Post by Neil Depledge » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 20:40

A Hyperion takes 21 hrs 40 min 33 sec to re-eng. A Boreas is 60-07:00. Have fun 8) . Neil

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 20:42

I think its 21 hours for the Hyp and then another 21 hours to build it. If your wanting to use the PHQ as your own shipyard, and not just a way to create back ups of a few rare ships, your going to need to modify your game in order to make it faster. Other wise its easier to just go cap another one, or save up and buy another one.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 20:53

lol AP came out before I finished PHQ quest so I never did but 60 hours?? In 60 hours even if I dont do a single mission my empire will earn more than Boreas costs a lot more :D

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 21:43

M5s don't take very long.but the bigger you go ,the longer it takes.

Time to build first copy of ship = same time as to RE the ship.
so Hyperion will seem to take forever.

But once you have the blue print,you only have the production time,which can be detrimentally adjusted by lack of resources

Neil Depledge
x3tc

Post by Neil Depledge » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 21:46

Easy way to find out how long a ship takes to re-eng docked at your HQ:

- ‘Adjust Station Parameters’
- scroll down to ‘add to rev-eng queue’
- place cursor over a chosen (docked) ship
- and press “i” for information
- after looking at this press “ESCAPE” and NOT “Enter”
Saves a load of time :P . Springy takes 3:54, an Aggy takes 21:10, Panther takes 24:00, Cobra takes 33:28. No more examples as thats all I had on my HQ :P . Neil

BeardyDan
x4

Post by BeardyDan » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 02:42

X3TC Stats and Resources Compendium has a list of all the ships.

Longest time for a vanilla ship is the Aran at 4 Days, 14 Hours, 48 Minuets and 20 Seconds!

human chancelor
x4

Post by human chancelor » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 14:18

Thanks folks! I think I'll have to build a few shipyards nearby to help the piles of money grow!
What do you mean you didn't do it? I just saw you! Now say sorry to the nice Boron...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”