Poisoned Paranid for the bugs....

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TomatoAE
x4

Poisoned Paranid for the bugs....

Post by TomatoAE » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 06:32

I started as a poisoned paranid and immediately left Paranid space without attacking a single paranid ship. I high tailed it out of any area which might have paranids.

I then set up my network and barely managed to scrape together the money to complete the mission.

Again, I have not killed a single paranid ship.

The problem is twofold.

1. a few paranid ships are still red and try to attack me, particularly laser towers located at central shipyards. I have raised up my paranid notoriety enough to buy basic space stations, so I don't understand what more I have to do.

2. The awesome ship I received (223 speed ftw!) crashes into a few space stations. For example, when I dock at the shipyard in Cardinal's domain I land safely. When i undock I immediately hit the upper hanger as I leave. It is highly annoying to have to detach a fighter and land just to buy a freighter (which I can't safely use in paranid space because of #1!!!)

What fixes/workarounds do you guys have for me?

ChristensenCT
x4

Post by ChristensenCT » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 06:52

Do you mind uploading a copy of your save game so I can see what's going on exactly?

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 06:58

1) lasertowers dont revert. you gotta kill em to make em friendly =P

2) you have to use the commands under navigation to safely get out of some places.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 07:00

you can get rid of some reds by trying to apologize to patrol leaders nearby
even if the patrols are blue just try , it sometimes still allows to apologize and the nearby turrets turn blue

now about the crashing - its a known bug
you must not undock manually from supershipyards that store your M6 into fighter bays

the workaround is to give your ship autopilot commands (fly to sector , and pick the same sector)
it undocks just fine and during autopilot theres no collision

hope it helps , cheers!

infy dev
x4

Post by infy dev » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 09:03

good advice someone gave to me: just crash into the lasertowers in your Hyperion, which won't give you a reputation hit (you'll lose your Paranid police licence, if you have one) and will only turn the owning building temporarily hostile (sometimes it's permanent, but hostile factories are much less of a problem than hostile lasertowers, plus you can always pay a hacker to fix it).

also, if you apologise to a hostile Paranid & it doesn't work - just try again; sometimes it might take a few tries but it usually works in the end. if there's no option for an apology in the comm window, and it's some sort of military, customs or police ship, try to find the patrol leader (as mentioned above). the only time it's really a problem is when you have a missile-happy hostile on the other side of a sector and you can't get close enough to apologise, which has only happened to me once.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 09:14

Red ships remaining after you've got decent rep is not a bug, and never has been. All ships and stations in the game have two attitudes toward you--the one they get from their owning race, and a personal one unique to that object. Some of the ships that get spawned when the race is hostile toward you will also have a hostile personal attitude, and will retain that even when all is fine on the race relations front. It's designed so that there are long-term consequences of getting into a race's bad books, y'see.

infy dev
x4

Post by infy dev » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 09:32

pjknibbs wrote:Red ships remaining after you've got decent rep is not a bug, and never has been. All ships and stations in the game have two attitudes toward you--the one they get from their owning race, and a personal one unique to that object. Some of the ships that get spawned when the race is hostile toward you will also have a hostile personal attitude, and will retain that even when all is fine on the race relations front. It's designed so that there are long-term consequences of getting into a race's bad books, y'see.
so what you're saying is that lasertowers have opinions

(this concept delights me)

infy dev
x4

Post by infy dev » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 09:47

infy dev wrote:so what you're saying is that lasertowers have opinions

"Paranid trading post, this is the Hyperion Vanguard Mistakes Were Made - are you aware your lasertower defence network is taking potshots at me? What's up with that?"

"Uh, hang on a second, let me check... uh huh... yeah, apparently it thinks you're a jerk."

"I'm sorry?"

"A jerk."

"... um ... well that's ... listen, can you just ask it to stop shooting at me?"

"What do I look like, a lasertower counsellor or something?"

Nazardo
x3tc

Post by Nazardo » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 17:52

infy dev wrote:good advice someone gave to me: just crash into the lasertowers in your Hyperion, which won't give you a reputation hit (you'll lose your Paranid police licence, if you have one) and will only turn the owning building temporarily hostile (sometimes it's permanent, but hostile factories are much less of a problem than hostile lasertowers, plus you can always pay a hacker to fix it).
Sorry to resurrect this thread - it's not so old - but I've just tried to crash my Hyperion on a Lasertower, and it crashed indeed. :roll:

Lasertower shields = 1GJ
Hyperion shields = 5x200MJ = 1GJ
> Game over! :D

I think I will use a bomber, jumping it out before the missiles hit.

*EDIT*
They've just turned blue, after I've apologized to a police patrol three sector away.
Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our means, but by what we seek to accomplish.
Screenshots

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 20:08

Nazardo wrote:
infy dev wrote:good advice someone gave to me: just crash into the lasertowers in your Hyperion, which won't give you a reputation hit (you'll lose your Paranid police licence, if you have one) and will only turn the owning building temporarily hostile (sometimes it's permanent, but hostile factories are much less of a problem than hostile lasertowers, plus you can always pay a hacker to fix it).
Sorry to resurrect this thread - it's not so old - but I've just tried to crash my Hyperion on a Lasertower, and it crashed indeed. :roll: ....
Probably because you're posting in an old thread that's about TC, not AP. :P

BTW, apologizing doesn't work for TC, but good to hear they've fixed it finally in AP.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Jumpp
x3ap

Post by Jumpp » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 22:35

I did the missile-and-jump-out trick, and it worked well. But then I discovered something easier: Just leave the system and either send in another ship of yours or leave behind a satellite. Either way, once you're out of a system but have eyes in it, the red lasertowers will turn blue.
"Paranid trading post, this is the Hyperion Vanguard Mistakes Were Made - are you aware your lasertower defence network is taking potshots at me? What's up with that
I love that name. Very Banks.

Reliku
x4

Post by Reliku » Wed, 22. Feb 12, 04:08

infy dev wrote:

"Paranid trading post, this is the Hyperion Vanguard Mistakes Were Made - are you aware your lasertower defence network is taking potshots at me? What's up with that?"

"Uh, hang on a second, let me check... uh huh... yeah, apparently it thinks you're a jerk."

"I'm sorry?"

"A jerk."

"... um ... well that's ... listen, can you just ask it to stop shooting at me?"

This proves that the Terrans are right, AGI is dangerous :lol:

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Wed, 22. Feb 12, 04:12

Reliku wrote:
infy dev wrote:

"I'm sorry?"

"A jerk."

This proves that the Terrans are right, AGI is dangerous :lol:
:D genius

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”