Asteroids in Ore Belt Issue X3AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Relicalchaos
x3tc

Asteroids in Ore Belt Issue X3AP

Post by Relicalchaos » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 09:29

I'm pretty new to the X-series. I actually started my first game as Bankrupt Assassin X3AP.

So I'm at the point where I'd like to have my own mining complex. Ore belt seemed like a good area... However, When I explored/ scanned, there isn't crap there. I browsed around, i see comments on the forums about there being like 60 yield asteroids there. My game.....there's nothing. Just to triple check, I went and looked up the coordinates on a site to some of the 60 yields. My game, there just small rocks?

Maybe its me still being new to the game, or its the choice "Bankrupt Assassin"?
Spoiler
Show
I found 1 asteroid Ore with a yield of 6 lol
I have the bonus pack installed 5.1

Is X3AP any different from X3TC universe wise?

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 09:34

AP is some years after TC, for "Lore" reasons there have indeed been adjustements to the universe.

Part of the aforementioned "Lore" is that the Ore Belt sector asteroid field got mined out by the Plutarch (& NMMC?) Corporation(s).

I understand there's a bunch of new mineral resources in the new sectors added in AP, which is good because you can't substitute a huge "Mobile Miner" fleet for the missing 'roids with the fix to that exploit.

Relicalchaos
x3tc

Post by Relicalchaos » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 09:39

Wow.. I didn't know that lol.. Thanks

SO basically, Are there any roids that have higher yields anymore?

I'm assuming I'd have to travel way into Xenon territory to get anything good?

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 09:44

You assume incorrectly.

Ore Belt has had its asteroids stripped out, and I think that there are changes across the whole X-Universe, but there's still plenty of high yield Silicon and Ore 'roids knocking around. Try Herron's Nebula and Antigone Memorial. You might find building megacomplexes is a bit more difficult in AP compared to TC and R.

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

Relicalchaos
x3tc

Post by Relicalchaos » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 09:53

I know I'm veering off topic, But I just have to ask. Since the release of X3AP, I see allot of people still sticking with X3TC. As someone new to the X series, I was just curious if there was a reason why people prefer TC over AP?

And thanks for your response Spike.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 10:00

Relicalchaos wrote:I know I'm veering off topic, But I just have to ask. Since the release of X3AP, I see allot of people still sticking with X3TC. As someone new to the X series, I was just curious if there was a reason why people prefer TC over AP?

And thanks for your response Spike.
Plots maybe, not everyone has finished them (even I havent finished the PHQ :( and switched to the dark side without it ), also not everyone wants to leave their nice empires behind I guess, and some people prefer to wait for a patch or two to be released before getting into new game

Relicalchaos
x3tc

Post by Relicalchaos » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 10:05

Makes sense. I wouldn't want to leave My game where I had a huge Empire either lol. I started a game in TC, but decided to make a new game in AP. I hope I made the right decision.

texyuk
x3tc

Post by texyuk » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 10:15

There is no wrong decision - the game saves are independant, so you can switch between TC and AP as you wish. Assuming you haven't deleted the TC save game files.
Texy

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 12:10

Relicalchaos wrote:I know I'm veering off topic, But I just have to ask. Since the release of X3AP, I see allot of people still sticking with X3TC. As someone new to the X series, I was just curious if there was a reason why people prefer TC over AP?
1) Steam Achievements. These are also the only reason I'm staying "Vanilla-safe" & not using the all scripts & mods I considered essential when I was playing from DVD.

2 & 3) The Xenon Hub & the PHQ.

4) The reported bugs (like the Taxi missions = FPS loss).

#s 3 & 4 will presumably be dealt with soon.

#2 has, IMAO, been superceded by Jump Beacons, even if they're apparently hard to get (though I imagine a "Jump Beacon Fab" will soon be available from S&M if it isn't already).

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 12:34

yeah i noticed the new jump beacons too and have them already implemented in my modified game .. superhandy.

Neferdias
x3tc

Post by Neferdias » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 12:49

I still haven't found the elusive transporter that could potentially carry them... and I've scanned everything under the sun multiple times.... Haven't tried Terran transporters yet and something tells me they've got em...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”