Sg_missile_swarm_count

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Bobucles
x3tc

Sg_missile_swarm_count

Post by Bobucles » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 15:22

I have this line in
addon\types\Globals.txt

Code: Select all

// 123
SG_MISSILE_SWARM_COUNT;3;		// number of missiles in a swarm
It doesn't seem to have any impact on the game. Does it need to be in a certain spot in the file?

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 15:32

Everything in TGlobals is line dependent, moving any values position would end badly.

The value should change the amount of missilse that are launched when a sawm missile is launched, if its not working mabye the value isnt active?
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 15:41

Well AFAIK every swarm missile in the vanilla game launches 8, so maybe it's unused?
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 15:55

It was planned but does not work.

The SWARM PCT does work.
At 8 (%), each individual swarm missile of the SG_HEAVY class has 8 % of it's regular 7000 hit points.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 15:55

Some related questions.

In the executable I see strings such as SG_MAXHULL_MISSILE_HEAVY, however when I extracted globals.txt I saw no entry for it.

Am I correct then in thinking that values in globals.txt are not exhaustive, and where specified they override default values otherwise hardcoded in the executable?

If a constant is not in globals.txt, how might I find out its default value? I tried running the 'get global parameter value' command on SG_MAXHULL_MISSILE_HEAVY, but it only returned the value supplied in the 'default' parameter.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 15:58

Shimrod wrote:In the executable I see strings such as SG_MAXHULL_MISSILE_HEAVY, however when I extracted globals.txt I saw no entry for it.
MAXHULL_MISSILE = SectorBase->SA_GetGlobalParameter(SG_MAXHULL_MISSILE, 5);
MAXHULL_MISSILE_AF = SectorBase->SA_GetGlobalParameter(SG_MAXHULL_MISSILE_AF, MAXHULL_MISSILE);
MAXHULL_MISSILE_KHAAK = SectorBase->SA_GetGlobalParameter(SG_MAXHULL_MISSILE_KHAAK, MAXHULL_MISSILE);
MAXHULL_MISSILE_DMBF = SectorBase->SA_GetGlobalParameter(SG_MAXHULL_MISSILE_DMBF, MAXHULL_MISSILE);
MAXHULL_MISSILE_BOMBER = SectorBase->SA_GetGlobalParameter(SG_MAXHULL_MISSILE_BOMBER, 3000);
MAXHULL_MISSILE_LIGHT = SectorBase->SA_GetGlobalParameter(SG_MAXHULL_MISSILE_LIGHT, MAXHULL_MISSILE);
MAXHULL_MISSILE_MEDIUM = SectorBase->SA_GetGlobalParameter(SG_MAXHULL_MISSILE_MEDIUM, MAXHULL_MISSILE);
MAXHULL_MISSILE_HEAVY = SectorBase->SA_GetGlobalParameter(SG_MAXHULL_MISSILE_HEAVY, 3000);
MAXHULL_TORPEDO = SectorBase->SA_GetGlobalParameter(SG_MAXHULL_TORPEDO, 7000);
MAXHULL_BOARDINGPOD = SectorBase->SA_GetGlobalParameter(SG_MAXHULL_BOARDINGPOD, 15000);
MAXHULL_MISSILE_SWARMPCT = SectorBase->SA_GetGlobalParameter(SG_MAXHULL_MISSILE_SWARMPCT, 8);

These are the default for unstated values.
They were supposed to get documented... eventually.

PS: It's very likely that SG_MISSILE_SWARM_COUNT is going to work soon™.
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 01:23

Jack08 wrote:Everything in TGlobals is line dependent, moving any values position would end badly.
Uh oh. Where am I supposed to put this block?

Code: Select all

MAXHULL_MISSILE;1000; // Default for all unlisted ones
MAXHULL_MISSILE_DMBF;20000;
MAXHULL_MISSILE_LIGHT;400;
MAXHULL_MISSILE_MEDIUM;1000;
MAXHULL_MISSILE_HEAVY;10000; // Hornet, Typhoon, Firestorm
MAXHULL_MISSILE_BOMBER;20000; // Phantom, Tomahawk
MAXHULL_TORPEDO;40000; // M7M Torpedos
MAXHULL_MISSILE_AF;100; // M7M anti fighter
MAXHULL_MISSILE_KHAAK;200;
MAXHULL_BOARDINGPOD;50000;
MAXHULL_MISSILE_SWARMPCT;50; // Each swarm missile has 8% of nominal hull
I'm guessing I should also modify the first value (which seems to list the # of lines)?
It was planned but does not work.

The SWARM PCT does work.
At 8 (%), each individual swarm missile of the SG_HEAVY class has 8 % of it's regular 7000 hit points.
Ah nuts. I was hoping to make them less swarmy so they'd be easier to stop. Back to the drawing board with that.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 01:45

Jack08 wrote:Everything in TGlobals is line dependent, moving any values position would end badly.
Have you tried?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”