Can you upgrade lasertower's shields?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tanner1ie
x3tc

Can you upgrade lasertower's shields?

Post by tanner1ie » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 22:30

I saw someone mention, in other thread that, it's possible to upgrade lasertowers shields.
(A few days ago, can't remember where.)

Is it possible, is it only possible in AP, or could you always do it?

I always thought LT's came stock, i've bought quite a few, but never manufactured my own - if you can, improve them, is it something you do while building them or are people using an exploit.

Anyway, i targeted an Argon LT, last night and it listed that it was equipped with a 200MJ shield, but can take a 1GJ! :o - that'd be useful.

In TC i used a tactic of killing M2s, in an M7, after dropping 10 to 12 standard LTs - the LTs would do most the work and i'd only lose one or two, with 1GJ shields, sounds like they clean up a sector! :D .

(Assuming everything in the sector was flying with in eight km of them at least :) .)
Ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 22:34

no
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

tanner1ie
x3tc

Post by tanner1ie » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 22:38

Well, if the computer can and we can't it's not very fair.

The Argon LT definitely said, 200MJ shield installed, Max 1GJ shield.

(I've noticed you're a person of few words, Catra :) .)

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 22:49

yeah, got a bit of a breathing problem so i cant say much inbetween breaths, so ive adapted by conveying what i want to within the confines of a single breath, while making it not look like i got winded saying something, mindset kinda carried over into the digital forum as well.

i dont think the computer can either, as its loaded with the minimum loadout on spawn, and that loadout is the PBC and 200 MJ shield.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 23:41

You don't need a scripts or workarounds.
What you should do is edit types\WareLists.txt (132) and change the SS_SHIELD_D to an E.
Problem fixed.

Well, or wait. Waiting works, too.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

tanner1ie
x3tc

Post by tanner1ie » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 23:56

Gazz wrote:Well, or wait. Waiting works, too.
Do i take from that, that we should be able to upgrade them and will be able after a future patch?

edit: typo.
Last edited by tanner1ie on Tue, 3. Jan 12, 01:09, edited 1 time in total.

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 01:07

tanner1ie wrote:
Gazz wrote:Well, or wait. Waiting works, too.
Do i take from that, that we should be to upgrade them and will be able after a future patch?
LT's and AdvSats come up on the list of ships to Resupply or deliver wares to. Would be nice to be able to improve them or give them things like Mosquitoes.
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

tanner1ie
x3tc

Post by tanner1ie » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 01:15

Well, there is something in the bonus pack about being able to have satellites alert you if they detect enemies add/or call a fighter wing to respond, i think it's called a SWRN wing (or similar) .

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”