[AP] How do I hotkey the stock exchange?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Id13

[AP] How do I hotkey the stock exchange?

Post by Id13 » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 00:54

I think the topic is pretty clear :D

Jumee
x3tc

Re: [AP] How do I hotkey the stock exchange?

Post by Jumee » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 01:30

Id13 wrote:I think the topic is pretty clear :D
you cant (AFAIK)

Id13

Post by Id13 » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 01:30

That's extremely annoying.

SepticTooth
x4

Post by SepticTooth » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 02:56

Yeah I was wondering the same thing, but glancing through the interface control menu there is no sign of a way to hotkey the local stock menu or company/corporate window.

Hope they implement it in the upcoming patch, it gets terribly annoying navigating the menu to reopen the stock window while you're traveling through space.

lubnius
x4

Post by lubnius » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 03:25

trade, fight, build, think? ... nah exploit! And i want it faster!!!!!

Id13

Post by Id13 » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 03:35

lubnius wrote:
Your post makes 0 sense.

lubnius
x4

Post by lubnius » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 04:02

Id13 wrote:
lubnius wrote:
Your post makes 0 sense.
with all the exploiting going on with stock exchange I am happy it doesn't

SepticTooth
x4

Post by SepticTooth » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 04:33

lubnius wrote:
Id13 wrote:
lubnius wrote:
Your post makes 0 sense.
with all the exploiting going on with stock exchange I am happy it doesn't
It wouldn't really make any difference, maybe someone exploiting their game could do it a little faster but that just means they'll grow bored of the game that much quicker because there's no more point to anything when you can instantly have everything for nothing.

That's no reason to force those playing legitimately to manually navigate the menus every single time they want to check on their stocks.

What they do to ruin their own game doesn't affect me in the slightest, but the lack of a hotkey for a now commonly used menu does.

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 04:49

it be abit hard to hotkey the stock exchange since theres several that can be accessed.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

SepticTooth
x4

Post by SepticTooth » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 05:22

I think the only ones most players would care about would be the Local and Company/Corporate stock menus so players could check the markets on the fly without manually clicking through the player tab and stock tab, if you were going to assign any of them by default.

But nobody really cares about having a default preset if you just have the options in interface controls to let the player set their own keys for the stock exchange menu.

Id13

Post by Id13 » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 05:30

I wasn't aware of any exploit with the stock market. Do you mean day trading? Because that's a real job.

If people want to do that, I don't see it as being an exploit. Means they have to spend their time doing that instead of something more enjoyable (unless that is what they enjoy, and I don't see that as bad a thing).

SepticTooth
x4

Post by SepticTooth » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 05:39

The exploit is in manipulating the market with a ware on the stock market.
Spoiler
Show
Owning all of the ware and buying all of the stock for it at a buying index of 100 - 200 then either dumping the ware in space or switching ships so the ware doesn't count toward the stock and thus drops to index 0 instantly.

Cynnic

Post by Cynnic » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 05:42

I realize it's a tad bit off topic, but I've been watching the forums and wanting to ask this for a while now, however I don't see the point in making a new thread.

Can anyone help me understand how the X stock market works? I've done a lot of googling and searching around and really can't find any useful information on it. I've found a couple guides, but none telling me information I hadn't figured out on my own. I'm more curious about these massive, exploit-ish profits everyone seems to be talking about and insider trading.

Edit: As I was typing this, SepticTooth essentially wrote out exactly what I was asking. Thanks for the preemptive answer!

Id13

Post by Id13 » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 07:17

Oh

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 12:26

And what would you have the Hotkey open?

- The local exchange for the sector you are currently in? (if it's known and unlocked, if there even is one)
- The menu listing known and unlocked exchanges?
- The Corporate / Company shares menu?

How many more hotkeys can people handle?? Also, what would you make it as most of the basic combos are already taken?

@ Cynnic

Try the Sticky: X3: Albion Prelude - A Survival Guide and if you have further specific questions make a new thread and as those questions, someone should be able to answer them for you.

MarCon

|-|Mohawk|-|
x4

Post by |-|Mohawk|-| » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 07:39

The exploit is in manipulating the market with a ware on the stock market.
Yes, but...

That is actually a rather slow way to make money, unless you're dealing with a commodity which has a LOT of shares, in which case you'd already have to have substantial capital with which to manipulate the market. I've discovered that you can make a shipload of money simply by day trading with the Natural category of commodities; they tend to be very volatile and have a wide range of indices, so if you play it right you get huge profit margins. If that's "exploiting," so be it, but it's a part of the game, and I for one welcome it.

I'd love a buy all/sell all hotkey for the SE, since my style of trading requires instant reaction to get the best price. And I've noticed that for some reason, if you are trading at several different SEs at the same time, the Detailed Summary of Shares Owned menu does not update properly (it lags horribly if you have shares in multiple SEs). In order to see the correct stock indices, you have to keep opening a new Detailed Summary window. Very annoying, and quite tedious since there's no hotkey.
Autopilot epically failed.

santaranger
x3tc

Post by santaranger » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 00:46

this is ridiculous.
why are there no hotkeys for this?
i cant stress how stupid this is.
if i want to access the exchange i have to press P, then FOUR TIMES down (or up) and ENTER, just to open the sub menu.

well i guess its just one more brainfart, like the completely idiotic surplus loading screen to the main menu after every game over, like i am going to start a new game every time i die.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”