X-tension help

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ingeraskurai

X-tension help

Post by ingeraskurai » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 15:06

anyone have suggestions on what i should do starting out for money?

i have the dolphin, up to 1200 cargo space now, full speed n turning, about 250K cash.

i've been cruising around the Teladi sector, selling energy cells, sometimes weapons to equipment docks, flowers and teladium if i get it for a good price, but i'm only getting about 10 credits profit per unit, 20 on energy cells and for the most part finding something to buy is getting scarce. anything better i can do? factories are so expensive in this game compared to X-BtF >.<

Captain Chris sTc
x4

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 15:19

Could try the wall. Selling energy cells, either in that sector or argon prime.

ingeraskurai

Post by ingeraskurai » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 16:01

but is there anything better then energy cells? or am i gona have to grind on them till i get a factory?
:(

Captain Chris sTc
x4

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 17:09

I can't remember, for trading. I did make a fair bit of credits capping pirate ships in ore belt, though.

ingeraskurai

Post by ingeraskurai » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 17:17

Captain Chris sTc wrote:I can't remember, for trading. I did make a fair bit of credits capping pirate ships in ore belt, though.
hm...how many credits do you get for killing pirates? or did that not change? or do they drop cargo that sells well?

i just remember that killing xenon wasn't too profitable in the original.

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 18:14

i X-T you can capture enemy ships, then you can use them or sell them

ingeraskurai

Post by ingeraskurai » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 18:48

Legionos wrote:i X-T you can capture enemy ships, then you can use them or sell them
yah i read a bit about that...but what i read made it sound like it was really really rare for them to eject.

oh and i'm really considering buying a piranah and trying this, but i read in this forum that the pirates would dislike me if i destroyed a ship in a sector where they have a pirate base. so as long as i don't destroy pirate ships in those sectors and pirate owned sectors i'm good?

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 20:17

The killer bucks were in selling energy cells from your own SPPs (Solar Power Plants). To get the money for that, the best way is probably to capture pirate, Xenon or even race owned M3s and sell them. You won't be able to do that with an M5, but you should be able to capture a Bayamon and can then use that. Just be careful taking on a large group as the shields area little light. When you have the money, you can invest in an M3; I'd recommend the split version (can't remember the name right now) for its speed.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

RedPanther9
xr

Post by RedPanther9 » Sun, 30. Dec 12, 19:37

im playing X-tension theses days , and i think one of the best things to do to get money very quick , is to buy a LIFTEr , enlarge the cargobay until 1500 cargo units , and then you will get 30 000 for each cargo of energy cells sold , and the best thing to do after is to buy a mineral scanner (40 000cr about), and search for big silicon asteroid , when you see "silicon wafers 26 " , 26 is a good number and it gonna be productive ....so search for a big silicon asteroid and put a silicon mine (180 000 cr about) on it ... when you will see the silicon , (max prod is 208 units ) , you will gain 208 x 520 Cr about ... = 108160 Cr about ..... enjoy :)

Mighty Midget

Post by Mighty Midget » Sun, 30. Dec 12, 23:38

One fairly profitable run is teladium to the Borons and bring BoGas on the return trip. Only snag is, the dolphin is pretty slow so one solution can be to have a maxed out Argon lifter for it. With a satelite you can then remote control the dolphin while you pilot the lifter.

Ore is also in great demand, as is Silicon wafers. Keep an eye out for crystals at around 1430 a piece, and of course any weapon and shield factory fully stocked.

A best buys/sales computer is very neat. Like very very neat.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”