[X3TC] Property Demographics

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Morkonan
x3tc

[X3TC] Property Demographics

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 23:35

This is my first X game (X3TC) and I began as a Terran Defender.

I have a little more than 300 ships, a few complexes, some standalone factories, mining fleets and am expanding my complex and factory needs to fulfill some plot requirements. I have around 220 mil, with money not being a real issue right now. (I'll return to aggressively pursuing station-build missions that mesh well with my own stations, complexes and trading fleet.) Currently, I am focused heavily in the Terran Sectors as far as ST/LT freighters go. (Part of my own roleplaying of a Terran Defender game.) But, I do have LTs/UTs elsewhere and MORT about 10 or so. Around 100 ships are Rapier "placeholders" in Terran stations that I placed in my early game to prevent their demise, but most of those have decent upgrades and weapons. (The god-engine still removed a handful of stations, even with the docked ships. But, all appears fine, for now.)

I have completed the Terran Plot and am working on the Hub plot. The only other plotline I have started was a Jonferco (IIRC) mission series, but I haven't completed it yet. (I do keep an eye on that station, though, just to be sure my plot there doesn't get bugged.)

My question is this:

What would one consider to be the average Player Property demographics at this point in the game? Am I ahead, behind, average? What's are the "End Game" demographics typically like?

(UTs, LTs, War footing (Order of Battle), Trade Fleet, number of Complexes/Factories, etc..))

Once the Hub is complete, I imagine I will amass at least twice what I have right now, given the pace I am going and what I am building up. In most games that have them, I'm a unit/resource hog, and frequently end up with as large a collection of units as possible. Sometimes, I have "too many." :D Given the somewhat cumbersome unit management options in X3TC, I don't want to end up overwhelming myself by succumbing to my penchant for "more of everything."

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 23:52

There is no being behind/ being ahead. It all depends on your playstyle and what you're doing.

For me, I started out with building stations, so I ended up with a handful of stations, and a handful of ships at where you were at.
I advise you to seek out the other plots & do those while you're working on the hubplot, gives you soemthing else to do & makes sure the Hub plot doesn't drive you crazy.

For assets in endgame, that's also dependand what you call endgame. My propertynumbers are impressive, but I still got some plots to finish(HUB-plot and Balance of power) It's also a longrunning game (600+ hours now)

A tip for the trade mogul: name everything, give it a clear namingschedule & automate what you can. My TL's got a automated fuelsupply with CLS2 software, most of my factories got their own sellerships.
An example of a namingschedule I use:
HoL 1MJ Ore-B Caiman Hauler:
This means it's a Caiman hauler with the order to buy Ore for a 1MJ shield facility in Home of Light. This allows for easy & fast replacement when one would get blown up, or when you want to know what you got in a sector (alphabetic naming makes sure all ships assigned to a sector show up together)

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 00:16

My naming conventions are similar. For instance, T-CAG-ABSiMi1-Baldric-1 would be "T" for Trade Fleet, "CAG", obvious, AB, Asteroid Belt, SiMi1, Silicon Mine #1, Baldric-1 is first Baldric class CAG. Fleet ships, Trade Ships, Logistics Ships (General logistics and on-demand stuff), all have standardized naming conventions so they organize well in the Property Window. Single Purpose fighters, like fire-and-forget Early Warning Scout ships on "Scout for Enemies" are just "Scout-Sector-Ship type-# and the like. Complexes and Factories have their own conventions as well. Ships purposed as docked defenders/station defenders include the tag for the station in their designation. Fleet warships include US Navy standard nomenclature (DDG, CVN, etc.). Which.. all makes for quite long ship designations. :D But, it's the only way you can organize ships yourself as the game doesn't allow you to make specialized groups, aside from "Wings" which aren't really very flexible.

I won't go crazy.. at least, not yet. I rarely use SETA, if that tells you anything. :D As far as other plots, I'm fine right now. I'll take the FF plot once I have a few more complexes set up for future Hub requirements. Then, I'll race through that and the Goner plot, setting up for the Aldrin plot, etc.. Might finish the Jonferco series if I get a lull in between or the station appears to be subject to frequent attacks. (Which reminds me, I need to put a patrol in that sector, just in case.)

But, what I wonder is at what threshold do players find themselves when they have just the right mix of Property to manage. Where is the "Goldilocks" point in regards to ships, stations and the like, that most people find comfortable?

Mazz
x3tc

Post by Mazz » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 09:57

Morkonan wrote:But, what I wonder is at what threshold do players find themselves when they have just the right mix of Property to manage. Where is the "Goldilocks" point in regards to ships, stations and the like, that most people find comfortable?
There isnt :P

I like to have as few stations and ships as possible to do what I want. THINK OF THE SPACE FLIES all of you materialistic pigs. Dont pollute space. :twisted:

kylania
x4

Post by kylania » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 17:22

1 factory
7 traders
3 supply freighters
2 combat ships
Oddles of credits. :)

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 19:18

Morkonan wrote:But, what I wonder is at what threshold do players find themselves when they have just the right mix of Property to manage. Where is the "Goldilocks" point in regards to ships, stations and the like, that most people find comfortable?
I'd imagine most people just do enough to do the plots, with buying an M2 being in second place as the point where many people consider the game 'finished'

Few people end up going far enough to have a large empire with fleets consisting of multiple carriers and stations in nearly every sector. I certainly never have myself, I don't think I've ever seen a 1,000,000,000 credits in any of my accounts, 500 Million that gets spent on an M7M and missile fab is about where I finish (usually with a dozen or so complexes consisting of a few hundred stations overall).
Last edited by NeverSnake on Thu, 5. Jan 12, 02:05, edited 2 times in total.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 19:41

NeverSnake wrote:...I'd imagine most people just do enough to do the plots with buying an M2 probably being in second place as the point where many people consider the game 'finished'

Few people end up going far enough to have a large empire with fleets consisting of multiple carriers and stations in nearly every sector. I certainly never have myself, I don't think I've ever seen a 1,000,000,000 credits in any of my accounts, 500 Million that gets spent on an M7M and missile fab is about where I finish (usually with a dozen or so complexes consisting of a few hundred stations overall).
Very good points. X3's replayability is, I'm sure, a pretty big draw for starting new games.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”