[AP] Unknown object/UFO

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Darkemis

[AP] Unknown object/UFO

Post by Darkemis » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 19:04

Hi, I'm new to this game and I was recently mapping sectors and I got to sector that is left from treasure chest and in that sector I flew to west gates to hideout sector and right there at gates I stumbled upon something rather odd, I searched forums and google trying to find out what this thing is, nothing came up so I decided to make a topic with this in order to get some clues or explanation of what this thing is.
Also few details of my game, I'm playing Albion Prelude, 1st character (peacekeeper one), I didn't progress much in game yet, anyway here's what I saw:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

I don't know what this is and as I said I already searched forums trying to find what this is but nothing came up so I hope someone can share their knowledge of this. I also have to go for a while and will be back within an hour or so.

DGBowman
x4

Post by DGBowman » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 19:17

Its the UFO, and has been in the X-games since at least X2 (possibly earlier, I never played X-BTF I'm afraid).

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 19:19

if you center your camera on it and zoom all the way in, you can hear all the UFO noises it makes =P

also:
Spoiler
Show
follow it, as it will lead you to a secret UFO base
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 19:20

Despite what some will tell you, it just adds a bit of amusement to the universe :)

You can assign a ship to follow it and it'll open up a few sectors for you, until it tries to cross a Xenon or Pirate sector and your following ship gets toasted :p

Tim

[edit] Catra posted whilst I was warning you about such posts... :p
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 19:35

Spoiler
Show
secret UFO container with 1 billion credits near the SECRET UFO base :lol:
X gamer , one at a time.

JDCollie
x3tc

Post by JDCollie » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 20:12

Don't blow it up if you want the Goner to like you. They seem quite fond of the UFO.

crusader04
x3ap

Post by crusader04 » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 20:40

DGBowman wrote:Its the UFO, and has been in the X-games since at least X2 (possibly earlier, I never played X-BTF I'm afraid).
the UFO also exists in X-Tension
X² - Beinahe Perfekt, Industrie-Magnat
X³ - Kriegsfürst, Fabrikant

Darkemis

Post by Darkemis » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 21:05

Thanks for replies, I saved not long ago after I saw this one, however I got destroyed by few ships you can see in 2nd picture, so if I reload game to 1 sector away, will I still come across UFO I really want to see that secret base.

Also I did fire off a few rounds at UFO, and he didn't become hostile, however if I destroy it, are there any benefits from that, like some valuable items left behind or it's just nothing.

EDIT: Managed to find him again with loading last save, I will follow him and avoid enemies.

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 21:31

Catra wrote:if you center your camera on it and zoom all the way in, you can hear all the UFO noises it makes =P

also:
Spoiler
Show
i swear this is a myth

Darkemis

Post by Darkemis » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 21:44

Aww, well I've been following it for now, nothing so far.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 21:48

Please ignore anyone claiming there's a 'secret UFO base'. They're from MoM (Ministry of Misinformation). :roll:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Darkemis

Post by Darkemis » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 21:54

Ah okay, so UFO is here just for fun? He's taken me so far to Maelstrom and there's ton of pirate activity.

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 21:58

Darkemis wrote:Ah okay, so UFO is here just for fun? He's taken me so far to Maelstrom and there's ton of pirate activity.
preety much

Darkemis

Post by Darkemis » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 21:58

Ok thanks for info guys, back to mapping sectors.

DGBowman
x4

Post by DGBowman » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 22:03

As already noted, set an M5 to follow the UFO and you'll reveal lots of sectors to map out.

Darkemis

Post by Darkemis » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 22:11

Yeah, seems like he's flying randomly opening sectors to explore later.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 23:01

I have had more than one UFO in my universe before.

The serial number indicates it's a Goner ship.

deathshead420
x3tc

Post by deathshead420 » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 23:37

When I first bought x3 I found one and read some comments about the UFO base and man was I salty when after hours of following it I returned to find out that i had been lied to. So mad that to this day I shoot UFO's on sight...goners be damn3d.

infy dev
x4

Post by infy dev » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 02:29

Legionos wrote:
Catra wrote:if you center your camera on it and zoom all the way in, you can hear all the UFO noises it makes =P

also:
Spoiler
Show
i swear this is a myth
no, it's a confirmed rumour

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 02:38

infy dev wrote:
Legionos wrote:

also:
Spoiler
Show
i swear this is a myth
no, it's a confirmed rumour
Santa Claus confirmed it while we were having tea with the tooth fairy. Also Bigfoot.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”