AP: Can't dock at Boron stations anymore? Did I break something? (Newb here)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Harvest
x3tc

AP: Can't dock at Boron stations anymore? Did I break something? (Newb here)

Post by Harvest » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 04:11

Ok take a look at this:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/aaronflint ... tab=public

My rank is Boron Trusted Courtier. I can't dock anywhere but the equipment dock and the stock exchange for some reason. I have traded in Boron space before, and haven't shot at them or anything.

What I did do is try installing some mods. I tried the Visual Overhaul and the engine trails mod. Visual Overhaul crashes my game but engine trails works fine. Does installing mods like these mess with stuff? I hope not because that doesn't make any sense (experienced with Bethesda game mods).

So, what can I do? They won't let me dock for whatever reason, and the docking computer doesn't give an explanation.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 04:13

Check your current ship's friend/foe settings. It sounds like the Boron may have been inadvertently set to enemy.

Also, do you have any AI-controlled ships? Sometimes a player-owned AI ship will get attacked by a previously hostile race, set that race back to foe, then go around killing their ships which drives your reputation back down. This only occurs when the player was formerly on bad terms with the target race, though.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Harvest
x3tc

Post by Harvest » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 04:29

I'm looking around for how to adjust friend/foe settings but I haven't found it yet.

I only have the one ship, so there's no way any AI ships could have messed things up.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 04:34

Open your ship's command console (shift+c) and scroll down to the bottom of the menu.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 04:35

KloHunt3r wrote:Check your current ship's friend/foe settings. It sounds like the Boron may have been inadvertently set to enemy.

Also, do you have any AI-controlled ships? Sometimes a player-owned AI ship will get attacked by a previously hostile race, set that race back to foe, then go around killing their ships which drives your reputation back down. This only occurs when the player was formerly on bad terms with the target race, though.
you can still dock if the IFF is set to foe.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Docking issues

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 05:52

Question were you involved in a fire fight in the sector where you cant land its possible you hit the stations inadvertantly ie friendly fire if so stations will turn red and you wont be able to dock this should be a local not global effect unless your rep is low try doing a few missions to regain rep and see what happens before giving up on your current progress.

Harvest
x3tc

Post by Harvest » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 05:58

KloHunt3r wrote:Open your ship's command console (shift+c) and scroll down to the bottom of the menu.
Checked it and everyone was set to friend.

EDIT: Also my ship doesn't have any guns, I've never shot at anything.

EDIT EDIT: I can dock at Paranid factories but not the trading stations.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 06:08

I can only suggest then that on entering the sector you didnt clear out of the traffic lanes near the gate and caused some road kill. This can create the situation you describe and is easily done in the early stages of the game. and you dont have to hit them they can impact you from behind. Same effect.

Harvest
x3tc

Post by Harvest » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 06:12

You can get penalized for other pilots hitting your ship? What a drag.

So what can I do then? I have 414k credits and a Mercury and that's all.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Boron Stations hostile

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 06:22

do you have a recent save game if so use it carry on as intended but clear gate areas as quickly as possible (dont hit the gate and dont use auto pillock). I fly up clear of shipping lanes like 10 k then stop and look around. If not the only answer is to try another sector to carry on and later have hostile stations hacked back to friendly again. Other than that learn from the experience and move on.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 09:01

If you think its your rep install the cheat script and choose fix sector relations or one of the options. If you are flying a mercury with little shielding and have had no hull damage you probably didn't hit another ship enough to destroy it. Check your game integrity maybe if have steam. Have you tried docking in stations in border regions ?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”