[AP] Getting 'Collect Rocks in Sector' to work:

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gloomheart
x4

[AP] Getting 'Collect Rocks in Sector' to work:

Post by Gloomheart » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 00:58

I need to collect all the junk floating around in Antigone Memorial (mostly to save me from the murderous framerate drop in there), but all my ship does is sit around.

Ship is a Hayabusa with EMPC in the turrets, and it just goes to the center of the map, and just sits there. I don't even get a notification that the job is done.
This used to work back in TC, but do I need something extra now to get this to work? Mobile Drillers?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 01:01

did you break up the rocks first so they are collectable?

Gloomheart
x4

Post by Gloomheart » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 01:21

Yeah, there's countless amounts of the smallest rocks just floating around in sector.
I did get it working eventually, but I had to show up in sector for it to actually start working.

Is there a mobile mining guide for AP floating around? Everything related to mining in this seems to be completely borked.

Zetoss
x4

Post by Zetoss » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 08:42

I found a temporary fix for this problem that worked pretty well for me, I stopped playing AP and I will be grinding other games until ES patches the broken mining away. :D Unfortunately that's all the advice I have for you, I start AP every few days to see if anything changed, buy me a load of miners and kit them with a bunch of different weapons and stuff, send them out and hit SETA and then I go make dinner, when I'm back it's always the same thing: empty cargo and a few of them are banged up pretty bad regardless of IS or OOS. Still, gives me time to focus on my dinners, that's at least something I guess ;)

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 09:50

Works fine for me in AP, just make sure you have all the following:

Ship that can carry XL ware
Mineral Scanner
Navigation Command Software MK1
Ore Collector
Special Command Software MK1
Good shields (>25MJ)
Triplex scanner or Nav Sat at collection site

No laser is needed, so you must break any debris down to the smallest possible pieces, and position the collector at that location once you leave. Not a good idea to go about breaking up the debris and have the collector running, as there's always a good chance of ship<->rock collisions.
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 10:06

Mining can be a good thing. All the overwhelming ammount of missiles that breaks up asteroids and the sectors start to look like a mess.... unfortunatelly this mostly happens in the warzone so fear at maximum to let any trader/miner ship there alone.
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”