Looking for a beam weapon mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

boxleitnerb
x3tc

Looking for a beam weapon mod

Post by boxleitnerb » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 11:52

Hi all!

I would like to equip my own cap ships (possibly modded) with beam weapons. Near instant-hit beams like the ones in Freespace 2, Babylon 5 or such. Is there a mod for this?

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 21:57

Hi boxleitnerb,

Our Mod offers beam weapons for some capital class ships and many others. DDTC plays along in the background and if you don't want its features it wont mind. Other than the occasional message when you reach a high enough rep with one of the factions you won't be bothered by it.

There is a special station in one sector which offers missions and as a reward a crate of rnd weapons/wares is spawned near by. You are told before the missions start what's in the crate so you can if you wish refuse it and wait for a better one to come along.

As an example my last two mission netted me 4 Beta Kyons and 2 Tri Beam Cannons.

You can find the mod here http://forum.egosoft.de/viewtopic.php?t ... sc&start=0
Still life in the old dog yet...

grinningsphinx
x2

Post by grinningsphinx » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 03:46

Tri beam laser or Phased Array Laser

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 04:33

Which game are you playing: TC or AP? There don't seem to be any AP-compatible mods out at the moment (only scripts).

But for TC you have AWRM and XRM. They both make beam weapons (more widely) usable in the game, but note that they also come with a multitude of other changes. AWRM modifies all weapons and add s a few new ones, and XRM rebalances everything in the game from ships to lasers to missiles.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

boxleitnerb
x3tc

Post by boxleitnerb » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 08:36

Terran Conflict.

Now I'm torn between XRM and DDTC...I wouldn't mind additional changes if they improve gameplay.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 10:41

KloHunt3r wrote:AWRM modifies all weapons and add s a few new ones
Not quite true ;)...
AWRM
  • alters Vanilla beam weapons so their balance is the same in both player and AI hands
  • adds Enh/Adv versions of various Vanilla weapons (inc. Beam weapons)
  • adds several new beam weapons to the Terrans for all craft from fighters to capital ships
  • adds shield-damage only PSG type weapon to the Terrans (will destroy missiles/boarding pods though)
  • adds several new missiles including a couple that can be classified as WMD
Overall 63 new lasers are added v. the vanilla selection of 36 (inc. those not widely available). It can however be combined with CMOD which does change the Vanilla balance/weapons.

The main issue with AWRM is the spawning of lasers/missiles on spawned vessels but this is in part resolved by using EES (developed by Litcube and myself).
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”