[X3AP] Tractor Beam

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

foxdie01

[X3AP] Tractor Beam

Post by foxdie01 » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 15:52

Im following the Argon Plot. And im building self-sufficient complexes. Im on my second but unfortunately time has come to move some mining stations. So i need the TB. Unfortunately my first outting in the game was to board a hyperion (challenge suceeded). But has unfortunately destroyed my paranid rating. With the 3 other ED's that stock it (Albion beta, alpha and some other one on the east) haven't had any stock for the last 3 day (real time).

Any advice on aquiring it? other than finding paranids to do odd jobs for? Something like see if we can force a trade between paranid factories and the ED's. Will the Hypercorp building company build a tractor beam factory if i have a poor relationship?

Thanks,

Olterin
xr

Post by Olterin » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 16:01

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but... assuming you don't really care about your Paranid relations in the long term, blowing up their TB fab when it has stock has at least a chance to drop tractor beams, I think?

You could also try your luck pirating Paranid freighters, but your best chance really is to rebuild your Paranid relations to a point where you can at least buy the TB - and you don't really need more than one or two for the rest of the game, so ...
"Do or do not, there is no try"
"My Other Overwhelming Mixed Assault Fleet is a Brigantine" -Seleucius, commenting on my ship naming scheme

foxdie01

Post by foxdie01 » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 16:10

Olterin wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong here, but... assuming you don't really care about your Paranid relations in the long term, blowing up their TB fab when it has stock has at least a chance to drop tractor beams, I think?
This idea i like :twisted:

RandomBandit
x3tc

Post by RandomBandit » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 16:23

I had this exact problem in TC...so, I befriended the Paranid slowly and bought all of the stations that they have that I couldnt get elsewhere, and a mountian of TBs...With my new-found access I then safely wandered their systems dropping over 500 Lasertowers. When I set them to enemy again....so, beautiful....no words.... :twisted:

There are still Lasertower arrays slaughtering traders and police in their border systems...now, I hear 'one of your ships in under attack' and just smile.
<X3tc 2.0> patched up to 3.1 (No BonusPack)
<X3ap>
I do not use scripts/mods.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 16:30

I'm guessing you placed them near the gates to each sector? How many would you use per gate? 8)

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 18:16

Tractor Beams are available from at least one source other than the Paranid in AP:
Spoiler
Show
They're traded at the Split Equipment Dock in Zyarth's Stand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”