Sell for best price bug?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

question_mark

Sell for best price bug?

Post by question_mark » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 01:20

Hi at all,

I seem to have some issues with the "sell for best price" command. In another forum entry, I found an explanation for the command:

"The sell for best price command will get the ship to repeatedly take stock from your station and head to a factory within your jump limit to sell it. They will not use the jump drive."

This is exactly NOT what is happening in my game. I tried this command for an Argon Mercury with a solar power plant as home station. The Mercury loaded energy cells as described but then started to travel 3 to 4 systems away to sell them when the "Jumps" were set to 0 (even when I set the price for energy cells to 9 credits).

I have the same problem for "buy for best price". Even when the price for crystals is set to the maximum in the power plant, the ship travels many sectors away although there is a crystal factory right in front of the power plant.

Am I missing something? Or is the script just different in a newer version of X2?

Maybe there is a conflict with the BPH upgrade? I once installed one of them on the Mercury but eventually removed it because I didn't get the function of it either.

I use the Steam version of X2, it shows Version 1.5, July 2007 in the startup screen. I did not manually install any other scripts or plugins.

Thanks in advance!

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”