[XTC] Commodity Logistics Software causes lag?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Boringnick
x3tc

[XTC] Commodity Logistics Software causes lag?

Post by Boringnick » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 01:52

I have around 50 universe traders and didn't feel much stutter, now I have also 4 CLS pilots and I am getting very noticeable stutters when in SETA.

I have deactivated three of them and the lag seems to be better now.

Coincidence or is the CLS really at fault here?

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 01:56

They should consume less resources than a Universal Trader, depending upon how you have them configured. Unless the UT coding has a number of shortcuts for its by/sell routines.
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

kylania
x4

Post by kylania » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 05:22

Wow, 50 UTs?! I thought my 8 was a lot.

jamafish

Post by jamafish » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 05:26

sandbox games tend to be like that. if you tell a player "sky's the limit," expect him to try to see how far he can push that.

glenmcd
x3tc

Re: [XTC] Commodity Logistics Software causes lag?

Post by glenmcd » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 07:05

Boringnick wrote:I have deactivated three of them and the lag seems to be better now.

Coincidence or is the CLS really at fault here?
The prominent lag in TC that everyone experiences (whether noticed or not) goes away in time when you stop changing sector often. Try parking in an empty sector, note your framerate, SETA for up to three game hours (coffee time) and check your framerate again and maybe during as well. You'll be back to at least half of new-game framerate. If you change sectors often be that flying or jumping, you are likely to experience the above ongoing. CLS could still be at fault but that would be something that has not been discovered and documented here from what I've seen.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”