What did that Boron say?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

edwardecl
x3tc

What did that Boron say?

Post by edwardecl » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 03:27

I was doing a mission for a Boron and I'm pretty sure he said

"hurry up, my testicles are drying out" or something like that.

That made me chuckle... I don't usually do many missions for the Boron so I've only heard that once :/.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 03:33

boron have testicles? :D

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 03:42

Tentacles...
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

RandomBandit
x3tc

Post by RandomBandit » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 04:06

Just wait till you mis-hear
"May your tentacles wither!"
<X3tc 2.0> patched up to 3.1 (No BonusPack)
<X3ap>
I do not use scripts/mods.

CharlieChop
x4

Post by CharlieChop » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 05:02

"youre full of hatred, its good that you die"

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 08:11

Wait a sec.. So, what's the answer? Do Boron have testicles or not? I mean if they don't, not like there's anything wrong with that... Just sayin'...

EspritFort
x4

Post by EspritFort » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 08:41

I'm fairly sure they don't even have bones.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 09:55

EspritFort wrote:I'm fairly sure they don't even have bones.

WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!!1!!!!1111!1Eleven!

Save the Boron!

They don't even have a charity! I looked! No ribbon, no kettle with a guy ringing a bell, nothing. The UN claims that there are no Boron! (The guy on the phone was a real jerk, too.) They won't even acknowledge an NGO claim!

Poor Boron. No bones. All flippity-floppy.. And, no testicles either. How much worse can it get? Oh God, don't tell me they don't even have Baywatch re-runs!

It's time to act! Save The Boron! Donate to the new "You have an extra femur, don't you?" campaign!

[ external image ]

Give Today!

{Oversize image changed to link - Terre}
(*- Sorry about that. Resized image to fit within Forum rules. - Morkonan)
Last edited by Morkonan on Sun, 8. Jan 12, 22:25, edited 2 times in total.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 10:04

For a moment I thought this was dredged up from a few years ago. :lol:

There was quite a long thread on this subject.

I even checked the OP date :lol:

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 11:18

Note that subtitles say "tentacles".

Mudkest
x4

Post by Mudkest » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 11:21

arnt all boron in space females? so no, the ones you meet dont have testicels then

also reminds me of a joke

Once there was a blonde who really needed some money. She saw an ad in the newspaper for a job at an Elmo factory. She went down and applied, but the manager told her that she wouldn't want the job because it was so boring. The blonde begged him and told him she would do anything because she needed the money really bad. After long consideration the manager hired her.

After a few hours the manager looked at the video-monitor showing the factory floor and saw that the conveyer belt was backed up. The manager went downstairs to find out what the problem was. When he arived there the blonde was sewing two marbles into the crotch of every Elmo, at which point the manager burst out laughing and said "I think you misheard me when I said to give every doll two test tickles"
Avast ye chumsucking scumbuckets. Landlubbers be keelhauled, pillage them poodles and bring missery and mutiny to the mercifull

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 14:39

Mudkest wrote:arnt all boron in space females? so no, the ones you meet dont have testicels then
That's Teladi, the Boron have three genders, male, female and lar, but are apparently indistinguishable to humans.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

edwardecl
x3tc

Post by edwardecl » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 15:07

I didn't have the subtitles on, but that's what it sounded like LOL.

Although they are not as bad as the split sometimes.

And those Teladi are female?!? I just assumed they were all male. This game confuses me :/.

What are the split then, please don't tell me they are female...

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 15:32

Apparently the one with the bandoliers is the looker... :P
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 15:40

Split are male. Remember, a patriarchal society.
edwardecl wrote:And those Teladi are female?!? I just assumed they were all male. This game confuses me :/.
At one point in history the Gate Network was rearranged by the Ancients so that a block of Teladi sectors were cut off from their home sector, Ianamus Zura. The cut off block contained Seizewell and retained links to Boron and Split sectors. Captain Kyle Brennan from Earth did missjump to that area in X Beyond the Frontier.

The Teladi in Seizewell area were obviously spacefarers, and did found out that they were not able to lay male eggs. All they got were females, so over generations all Teladi in the area were female. In communication with the other races they usually ended up referring themselves as "he". Everybody assumed them to be male anyway.

As aftermath of the Xenon Conflict soon after Brennan's arrival the Gate Network changed again, reconnecting the Teladi to their homeworld. Therefore, by the Terran Conflict era there could be spacefaring male Teladi, but not likely since the females have had the business successfully running for so long.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 15:40

edwardecl wrote:And those Teladi are female?!? I just assumed they were all male. This game confuses me :/.
All of the credit-hungry trading Teladi are female, the males are poets and musicians and largely stay planetside, most being on the homeworld, Ianamus Zura.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

SevenKiller
x3tc

Post by SevenKiller » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 16:20

Reminds me of the very first time i heard "Boron hope you drown" i was almost in tears with laughter (im easily amused).

edwardecl
x3tc

Post by edwardecl » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 01:13

Well I learn something new everyday...

What about the split, why do they wear those cage helmet things? are some of them "special" and need protection against hard surfaces?

Oh and what about the pirates, how comes most of them have eye patches? is it really that common to lose an eye in space? do they also have peg legs that we can't see? :)

CharlieChop
x4

Post by CharlieChop » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 01:31

edwardecl wrote:Well I learn something new everyday...

What about the split, why do they wear those cage helmet things? are some of them "special" and need protection against hard surfaces?

Oh and what about the pirates, how comes most of them have eye patches? is it really that common to lose an eye in space? do they also have peg legs that we can't see? :)
peg tentacles :D that one made me laugh

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 01:49

edwardecl wrote:Oh and what about the pirates, how comes most of them have eye patches? is it really that common to lose an eye in space? do they also have peg legs that we can't see? :)
As you've probably noticed pirate ships aren't the height of engineering and of course all of the piratical health and safety officers are off testing the best way to avoid spilling rum (the most promising result so far is ensuring that all tankards are emptied as soon as possible).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”