[X3:TC] Pirate Invasion

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sinxar
x4

[X3:TC] Pirate Invasion

Post by Sinxar » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 23:03

Out of nowhere I got a message saying my Atmospheric Lifter was destroyed. So i jumped into Family Pride and the entire sector was leveled... by 3 pirate novas? Only thing remaining was the Trading Station and they were working on it.

This is a core security sector complete with capitals, is it normal for 3 pirate m3s to destroy an entire sector including the police and military capitals?

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 9. Jan 12, 23:08

yep.

thats how terribly terrible OOS combat calculations are.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 00:06

Catra wrote:yep.

thats how terribly terrible PIRATES are.
Corrected. Yarr!

NeverSnake
x3tc

Re: [X3:TC] Pirate Invasion

Post by NeverSnake » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 00:19

Sinxar wrote:This is a core security sector complete with capitals, is it normal for 3 pirate m3s to destroy an entire sector including the police and military capitals?
It's not normal, OOS battle can go strangely some times but for three novas to consistently beat every ship in the sector isn't very likely.

I'd guess it's more likely to have been a Khaak invasion that got wiped out just before you jumped in.
Last edited by NeverSnake on Tue, 10. Jan 12, 02:47, edited 1 time in total.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 02:17

Speaking of that I keep reading that after doing OFF they stop spawning or there are a lot fewer that show up in the CW.

However since completing OFF its the exact opposite. I see way more Kha'ak now than before the plot. A good example is that I have NEVER seen a Kha'ak capital ship in the CW, after OFF I have ran across 2 Destroyers and the clusters are spawning in groups of 3 now. The destroyers spawned in a system that I frequent, so I'm 100% sure they weren't just waiting for me to show up from before OFF.

I guess it could be my combat rank (Battlemaster) but like I said, I am reading that the spawns decrease/stop after OFF.

SirDarius
x3tc

Post by SirDarius » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 11:01

Same here, since I completed O:FF, I see a lot more clusters spawning in the sectors I visit, but no capital ship yet however.

Kelvhan Amaratharr
x3tc

Post by Kelvhan Amaratharr » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 11:11

Well after I did OFF virtually no Khaak ever spawned again. And I can second the fact that any Pirate Nova Raider can wreack havoc to any sector. One of these fighter destroyed a whole sector in one of my games. All on its own. Must have been Richthofen, Hartmann or Nishizawa who joined the Pirates! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”