Turrets/Lasers Don't Fire in X3:AP?!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MTCason
x2

Turrets/Lasers Don't Fire in X3:AP?!

Post by MTCason » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 01:53

I hate to sound daft, here, but how do I get my turrets/lasers to fire in X3:AP? I notice the flight school wants me to shoot a crate ... but I can't because I have no weapons installed on the ship, at first. When I go to Argon Prime and buy something (I tried both a mining laser and the other turret/laser weapon they had there, unfortunately I cannot remember the name), and neither worked. Yes, I realize a mining laser should probably be used on an asteroid, so I tried that as well. In fact, that's all I was really interested in doing: mining. But I can't. The game controls say the left mouse button or the right control key on my keyboard should make my weapons fire ... but it doesn't! I made sure the weapon installed properly on my ship, but still no dice and I can't understand why. Any help would be greatly appreciated! And again, sorry if this sounds like a complete neophyte question, but I am at my wits' end and could think of no more informed and expert community to turn to than here on the X-forums!

WeriTis
x3tc

Post by WeriTis » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 02:07

What ship are you using? If you are in a Mercury, you only have a turret. Press F1 to get to turret view.
"An open mind is like a fortress with its gate unbarred and unguarded."
dzhedzho wrote: Trade - insults with other community members, or tips how to improve performance
Fight - with steam for refund, or the overwhelming feeling of hopelessness
Build - your patience and knowledge of xml save editing.
Think - before you preorder next time

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 03:51

In order to get turrets to fire automatically, you must have Fight Command Software installed on your ship. Then go into your ship's command console (shift+c) and, select the turret you want to activate, then select the command you want to run on it. They're pretty self-explanatory, but you can highlight a command and press the 'i' key to get a short description of each one.

But turret commands are only designed for combat (i.e. if you want to protect your ship or destroy others). If you want to mine then you have to do what WeriTis said.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

merrowind
x3ap

Post by merrowind » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 20:13

Add me to the list - I`m unable to get any type of ship cannons to shoot, be it auto or manual mode. They just don`t shoot...
Tried on M3s, M2s class, Terran and Argon.

Game type: STEAM
Note:
Using X3:AP Bonus pack
Using MOD manager and Cycrows Cheat mod v1.6 (AP compatible)
Don`t blame the player if you can`t play the game.

AquaSheep
x4

Post by AquaSheep » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 20:23

I had the same problem at first. It was caused by having the X-Tended mod for Terran Conflict installed. Removing the mod and reinstalling TC fixed it.

Hope this helps.

merrowind
x3ap

Post by merrowind » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 20:30

AquaSheep wrote:I had the same problem at first. It was caused by having the X-Tended mod for Terran Conflict installed. Removing the mod and reinstalling TC fixed it.

Hope this helps.
Much appreciated.
I can confirm, that X-Tended mod for X3:TC is incompatible with X3:AP and causes a lot of issues.

Solution: uninstall the X-Tended mod, and that will solve many, if not all of the issues with X3:AP

Some of them involve incorrect view/camera positioning, turrets not firing...
Don`t blame the player if you can`t play the game.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 20:42

Every TC mod that isn't expressly stated to be compatible, can be considered incompatible to AP.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”