[AP] Is the Aldrin Explorer start available?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Foxbyte

[AP] Is the Aldrin Explorer start available?

Post by Foxbyte » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 08:45

I noticed the war plot for the only Terran start is disabled, and the requirement for the Aldrin start [at least in TC] was to finish the Terran plot... Does that mean there's no way to play any Terran except for the Commander?

I figured I'd shooty pew pew while waiting for my 120+ hour save to become playable again with the rumoured January Patch. B)

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 09:16

After some messing with the X³:AP reg i feal bad to tell you there is no Aldrin start option in AP
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

Foxbyte

Post by Foxbyte » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 09:23

SplitBoy wrote:After some messing with the X³:AP reg i feal bad to tell you there is no Aldrin start option in AP
It's quite alright. A guy can dream. B)

How do I access this AP reg? I'd like to see which starts were cut out and which stayed on.

J-M v2.5.5
x3tc

Post by J-M v2.5.5 » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 09:50

SplitBoy wrote:After some messing with the X³:AP reg i feal bad to tell you there is no Aldrin start option in AP
You must've made some mistake then because it does show up for me.

Here's how:
Start ---> Run ---> regedit

Then go to the folder:
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EGOSOFT\X3AP\

Double-click the DWORD labelled "GameStarts" and enter ffff (Hexadecimal), like so:
[ external image ]

Click OK and exit the registry editor.

All starts, including the "Aldran Adventurer" (strange typo, but that's what it's called in-game) are now unlocked, have fun!
Proof screenshot: click

I tried it shortly and you start out in a Spitfyre and apparently not only the Terrans, but also the Commonwealth races are neutral/friendly to you. Great gamestart.
We need you to take a look around in Ocracoke's Storm.
We need you to take a look around in Ocracoke's Storm.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 13:25

J-M v2.5.5 wrote: All starts, including the "Aldran Adventurer" (strange typo, but that's what it's called in-game)
It's not a typo. The name of the place is Aldrin, and someone who comes from there is Aldran--just like someone from Manchester is a Mancunian, or someone from Britain is British.

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 14:00

J-M v2.5.5 wrote:
You must've made some mistake then because it does show up for me.
I stand corrected.
After i restarted the game without additional registry changes i got two more game starts one the Aldrin and the other the Goner both i had not seen before in X³:AP.
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Tue, 10. Jan 12, 14:49

aldran adventurer is availiable but does not have the plot

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”