[X3 AP] Tractor Beam?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Io
x4

[X3 AP] Tractor Beam?

Post by Io » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 11:23

Does anyone knows where can I find tractor beam factory if there is such a thing.

Can't find it in the docks, all r empty...

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Wed, 11. Jan 12, 12:42

- Factories in Third redemption.
- EQ docks in Family Njy and one of the Albion sectors.
- possibly some other locations at this point.

EDIT: Family Njy is wrong -- it's the Split EQ dock in Zyarth's Stand.
Last edited by Vim Razz on Fri, 13. Jan 12, 07:38, edited 1 time in total.

Io
x4

Post by Io » Thu, 12. Jan 12, 10:18

Vim Razz wrote:- Factories in Third redemption.
- EQ docks in Family Njy and one of the Albion sectors.
- possibly some other locations at this point.
Thanks, found one in Third Redemption's factory. :)

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 12. Jan 12, 16:33

Looking in the ingame encyclopedia is a good way for finding factories as it stores all the ones you've seen :)

Io
x4

Post by Io » Thu, 12. Jan 12, 16:42

Sovereign01 wrote:Looking in the ingame encyclopedia is a good way for finding factories as it stores all the ones you've seen :)
Thanks, I use encyclopedia all the time, just heaven't mapped Third redemption completely... :)

Winter Dragon
x3tc

Post by Winter Dragon » Thu, 12. Jan 12, 23:57

I went to Third Redemption in my game as a Terran Commander start and the tractor beam factory isn't there. All the other stations are but not that. Great! What a waste of time.

Family Njy - another hour of time wasted because the equipment dock doesn't even list tractor beams.

Albion Sectors - probably off-limits to Terran Commander pilots right?

Zyarth's Stand - the Split equipment dock (not shipyard - edit) shows tractor beams listed, but has none in stock. So.... shafted again.

If anyone else has any non-Argon territories I can try, please advise! I'm at my wit's end.
Last edited by Winter Dragon on Fri, 13. Jan 12, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 00:04

Winter Dragon wrote:I went to Third Redemption in my game as a Terran Commander start and the tractor beam factory isn't there. All the other stations are but not that. Great! What a waste of time.

Family Njy - another hour of time wasted because the equipment dock doesn't even list tractor beams.

Albion Sectors - probably off-limits to Terran Commander pilots right?

Zyarth's Stand - the Split shipyard shows tractor beams listed, but has none in stock. So.... shafted again.

If anyone else has any non-Argon territories I can try, please advise! I'm at my wit's end.
Improve your Paranid rep by killing Argon ships in their sector, and they will allow you to buy Tractor Beam factory. You can then either find a mission that ask you to build it (if you don't want to build one) or just build one yourself.

NB: If the Zyarth Stand shipyard listed the factory for sale, but with 0 in stock, then this is a bug that should be reported.

Winter Dragon
x3tc

Post by Winter Dragon » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 00:25

I meant the equipment dock in Zyarth's Stand, not the shipyard. I need more coffee. :)

I was so fixated on buying the tractor beam as a 'weapon' (ie. already made) that I completely overlooked the possibility to build a factory. Thanks for that idea, but the equipment dock in Zyarth's Stand is still an option isn't it?

Add: 14.2 million to buy the tractor beam factory? Na.. too expensive. I just want to buy one tractor beam for the 780,000cr. (or however much they cost.)

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 01:03

Winter Dragon wrote:I meant the equipment dock in Zyarth's Stand, not the shipyard. I need more coffee. :)

I was so fixated on buying the tractor beam as a 'weapon' (ie. already made) that I completely overlooked the possibility to build a factory. Thanks for that idea, but the equipment dock in Zyarth's Stand is still an option isn't it?

Add: 14.2 million to buy the tractor beam factory? Na.. too expensive. I just want to buy one tractor beam for the 780,000cr. (or however much they cost.)
If the factories have no tractor beam, then the Equipment dock stock would be empty all the time. YOur best bet is to feed the factories in 3rd Redemption (if they are there) or else cruise around Paranid sectors looking for Build Missions to build one. If there are no factories around GoD would create such missions.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 07:37

Winter Dragon wrote:Family Njy - another hour of time wasted because the equipment dock doesn't even list tractor beams.
Oops, sorry about that. I'd remembered it was one of those places on the other side of Xenon space, but forgot exactly which one. Zyarth's Stand it is.

Considering that we know that Tractor Beams have been added as wares to at least one Split and one Argon equipment dock, has anyone spotted one in Boron space yet?

kylania
x4

Post by kylania » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 10:16

So, since the Tractor Beam didn't exist in my game I finally had to build a Tractor Beam factory to get one. The amount of pain and insult involved this process is abhorrent.

First there's the 14,000,000 credits you need to spend. Then there's the insane material requirements (17,500 Energy, 2300 Soja Husk and 2900 Ore per five units). Finally the fact that while this soul and material consuming hate engine makes 5 Tractor Beams at one time - and it takes twenty hours to do even that - it can only hold 8! So I guess I'll just lose the other two from the second batch? :evil: Thanks for that.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 11:48

The other 3 should appear at the end of the cycle once the other 5 have been removed from the station.

Who cares anyway? You only need 1...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”