Question about companies on stock exchange (AP)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Question about companies on stock exchange (AP)

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 08:14

I keep asking questions that no one answers! Oh well, I'll give it another shot.

So, regarding the companies that trade on the stock market (not the corporations), do these companies actually correspond with ships that are flying around conducting business? And if so, is their stock price determined by how successful their business is (such as selling products to stations, having their wares bought, etc). What determines the price of their stock? Is it based on anything the player can see and influence, or is it based on a random number generator?

kylania
x4

Post by kylania » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 08:25

Someone once said to invest in one stock and go blow up it's headquarters to make it big. :) So yeah, I think in game influences affect the prices.

Nick Northern
x3tc

Post by Nick Northern » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 09:22

There do seem to be trends to each companies stock. In my game, Yaki companies move very little on the index, while larger racial owned companies have a lot of movement up and down the stock index. There are 2 or 3 Goner owned companies. It would be interesting to watch their stations and all merchant traffic closely to see how this corresponds to those companies stock prices.

I have not figured out a way to tell what specific stations and ships belong to each company, or even if the index is not arbitrary or random, but I'm guessing it isn't. Sorry I can't offer more than guesswork.
Enemies make you stronger, allies make you weaker.
Frank Herbert

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 12:18

kylania wrote:Someone once said to invest in one stock and go blow up it's headquarters to make it big. :) So yeah, I think in game influences affect the prices.
That's in relation to corporations (NNMC, Dukes, etc)

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 16:09

So can anyone claim to have seen any of the company owned ship (not corporation owned ships) flying around the universe doing stuff? It would be interesting to see if you could blow their ships up and see if their stock price drops, just as a test to see if their stock price is determined by "real world" events.

grumman
x3tc

Post by grumman » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 18:33

I have a related question: where is the Stock Exchange that I have to trade with to buy Duke's shares? I don't think I've seen it yet - or any corporation's shares, for that matter.
Grumman - killjoy extraordinaire

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 18:44

grumman wrote:I have a related question: where is the Stock Exchange that I have to trade with to buy Duke's shares? I don't think I've seen it yet - or any corporation's shares, for that matter.
company/corporate shares are not fixed to a particular stock exchange

they become available in your company/corporation share tab when you come across those corporations (seeing their ships is all that's needed)

grumman
x3tc

Post by grumman » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 18:48

Thanks, that would explain why I couldn't find it - I was looking in the entirely wrong place!
Grumman - killjoy extraordinaire

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 12:26

Duke's and Yaki share prices don't move because in order to do so they must trade with civilian ships. Given the military fleets in their sectors destroying anything that looks at them funny they don't do any trading and so the share price remains flat. (Until something drastic happens... :fg: )
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”