[AP] From 5M credits to 65M credits in one hour on the Stock Exchange

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sybock
x3tc

[AP] From 5M credits to 65M credits in one hour on the Stock Exchange

Post by Sybock » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 08:46

Spent an hour messing about buying and selling company shares on the stock exchange and made a killing quite quickly. Looking at the transaction report makes me wonder if with enough pooled information, we could disseminate some to identify patterns.

The way I did it was buying large amount of shares in companies when their shares were at the minimum (Index 100 or 99 from a buying perspective). Then I would wait until the company's Index would hit anywhere from 50-80. I did this with 3-6 companies at a time.

How did I know it was time to sell? I noticed a few companies would drop quickly from 99 to around 75, then from 75 to around 50. Each time they did this I noticed a pattern where they would level out by going back up once (indicated by a green ^) fluctuate around this mark for a while and then continue dropping. When they dipped and then started climbed back up (indicated by two green ^^) I would sell - but never before they hit a particular dip level (around 75 or around 50).

By the way, I really dislike how it won't let you save the default view to be from the selling perspective. I would rather watch the Index climb and it correspond to the share's credit value, rather than have it all backwards.

Let me know if anyone is interested in pooling transaction reports or fire away any questions you might have about my trading strategies.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 10:56

Sybock wrote:By the way, I really dislike how it won't let you save the default view to be from the selling perspective. I would rather watch the Index climb and it correspond to the share's credit value, rather than have it all backwards.
So you would like it to remember your last setting on exit? Correct? I can see how this would be useful! No promises!!! .... but maybe ...

Interesting thing about patterns ... chaos theory has them too, apparently! :) and so many variables available throughout the universe to use too ...

Here is an interesting formula, not the one used, but interesting to get a constantly changing number;
amount of ships somewhere 1 + amount of ships somewhere else 2 + amount of marines at barracks - amount of pirate in area x local sun intensity / (number of local product types + number of local resource types) = guess?
Would anyone be so evil as to do something like that? :twisted:

MarCon

Sybock
x3tc

Post by Sybock » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 18:03

Oh yes, I would really like that. Even the ticker at the bottom of the screen displays from a selling perspective. Having the buying perspective screen as default is so backwards and totally unnecessary since you can buy/sell shares through either screen.

Cougar81
x3tc

Post by Cougar81 » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 20:54

Are corporation stocks just an absolutely bad idea to buy? I bought all of the stock for NMMC and it hasnt moved a bit in 2 days :( I noticed the "naturals" tend to stabilize after a few days game time.

bufi
x4

Post by bufi » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 21:09

Cougar81 wrote:Are corporation stocks just an absolutely bad idea to buy?
Corporation stock is very longterm index. Be patient if you play this.

R.

Raize

Post by Raize » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 21:11

bufi wrote:
Cougar81 wrote:Are corporation stocks just an absolutely bad idea to buy?
Corporation stock is very longterm index. Be patient if you play this.

R.
And never buy Yaki or Dukes. Or Jonferco for that matter. The first two will never move, and Jonferco goes 100 and stays there once the plot is done.

Sam97531
x4

Post by Sam97531 » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 06:07

Corporation stocks also will never give you as much profit (even if they go to 0 from 100) when compared to some company stocks.

Specifically, whe you look at those 200k+ shares in a stock that reaches up to 250ish in price, but oyu end up buying for like 90.

Theoretically, JonFerco (or was it OTAS?) can give you a highest gain (which will almost never happen) 20 mill or so, but you can get near 30 mil from certain company stocks.

In way less time. Gauranteed (vs corp stocks - which I only use if I see NMMC suddenly above 50, because it's gauranteed to hit 0 again).

kardgar
x3tc

Post by kardgar » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 19:00

Sam97531 wrote: Theoretically, JonFerco (or was it OTAS?) can give you a highest gain (which will almost never happen) 20 mill or so, but you can get near 30 mil from certain company stocks.

As an aside, you can actually force this scenerio in rather short order as a Terran. Simply go to Belt of Ag. and destroy the JonFerco Military Fleet, which consists of a Titan, Cerberus, and two Centuars, and the stock should hit 100. Buy up your shares and wait for the fleet to respawn (happened in short order for me) and the stock sunk to 0. I sold off my shares and made a tidy profit.

I accomplished the above rather early on in my Springblossom using 50-60 spectre missiles a handful of poltergiest missiles and some drones. Maybe 400k in disposable resources needed to accomplish this.

I know mark_a_condren designed the exchange so the above scenerio is avoided, but whatever re-spawns the ships so quickly in AP makes this possible.

There are easier methods to generate the buckzoids, but its always fun to profit off your prey doubly.

Sybock
x3tc

Post by Sybock » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 19:03

Raize wrote:And never buy Yaki or Dukes. Or Jonferco for that matter. The first two will never move, and Jonferco goes 100 and stays there once the plot is done.
No please, no! Haha, I bought a ton of shares when their HQ was destroyed in my game. I figured they're huge so they'll rebuild or something. Damn!

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 19:42

if your up for insider trading its really easy to make a fortune on the stock exchanges.

i do it with 5 stations out of Antigone Mem. 3 silicon mines and the 2 big Ore mines. put in simple step by step:

1. build your stations and complex them together.
2. supply stations with ECells and let them fill their ware hold but not sell them.
3. once their holds are full open the argon prime stock market and buy all silicon and ore wares at over index 100
4. open up your complex settings and turn production off
5. sell your shares and make millions (im making approx 18 mill profit each time)
6. turn your stations production back on
7. repeat steps 3-6 and before you know where you are, you are loaded!!

personally id like to see this kind of insider trading stopped. its probably quicker than the old Niv mining exploit to become filthy rich!!

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 22:42

Found my way of printing massive amounts of free money partially by accident, set up a flail complex in antig for some mdk and realised bar the mil outpost in elena's there was 0 flail availability in argon space.

Outcome, a rather large flail complex in there now and 500 million per dump to ts, spoof SX rinse and repeat

2 billion in 2 mins :)

now that's what i call letting my money work for me, my venture into the light side is now complete, so in the future it will be back to add money to player 999999999 :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 00:23

LV wrote:Found my way of printing massive amounts of free money partially by accident, set up a flail complex in antig for some mdk and realised bar the mil outpost in elena's there was 0 flail availability in argon space.

Outcome, a rather large flail complex in there now and 500 million per dump to ts, spoof SX rinse and repeat

now that's what i call letting my money work for me, my venture into the light side is now complete, so in the future it will be back to add money to player 999999999 :)
Same thing with mobile mining nividium in Scale Plate Green (with a TL) - buying up the PTNI shares, then sending the TL to Nyana's Hideout, selling the PTNI shares and buying up the Nyana's shares, then just keep going back and forth.
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

Raize

Post by Raize » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 00:54

LV wrote: Outcome, a rather large flail complex in there now and 500 million per dump to ts, spoof SX rinse and repeat
Approximately 1500 flail factories? I'm not sure whether I'm impressed or apalled.

Hardscript
x3tc

Post by Hardscript » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 01:58

I started a humble merchant, traded manually until i got my first station then put my left over cash "90,000" into company stock exchange 12 game hours later i hit 600mil.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 17:00

em3e3 wrote:
LV wrote:Found my way of printing massive amounts of free money partially by accident, set up a flail complex in antig for some mdk and realised bar the mil outpost in elena's there was 0 flail availability in argon space.

Same thing with mobile mining nividium in Scale Plate Green (with a TL) - buying up the PTNI shares, then sending the TL to Nyana's Hideout, selling the PTNI shares and buying up the Nyana's shares, then just keep going back and forth.
Suddenly all my efforts to mine the stuff look more worthwhile :lol:

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 09:57

hello, where's this stock exchange feature? I haven't found it yet on AP, do I need to continue the plot or what? I've only in the Interworld mission...

Thias
x3tc

Post by Thias » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 10:12

Made a little demo-vid. Continuous 7Mio per 30 seconds is no problem. If you have 2000 ISEs and a teleporter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-yVia6QFmk

@nap_rz: You can find the stock-exchange-stations in some main systems. PTNI-HQ for example. To participate, the different races have different requisites. Teladi charge you money, Argon want you to build a station in there territory, Split only trade with those who have proven themselves on the battleground...
"Jetzt zeige ich dir, wie ein Borone kämpft!" - "Ziel verlässt Feuerrreichweite."
"Jetzt zeige ich dir, wie ein Borone kämpft!" - "Hier ist mein Schiff."

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 15:04

Thias wrote: @nap_rz: You can find the stock-exchange-stations in some main systems. PTNI-HQ for example. To participate, the different races have different requisites. Teladi charge you money, Argon want you to build a station in there territory, Split only trade with those who have proven themselves on the battleground...
do you the list of stations that have these stock exchange system?

Sybock
x3tc

Post by Sybock » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 16:43

You can trade company/corporate stock at any time anywhere in the 'verse having only found one stock exchange. The rest you have to have at least a navsat within scanning range to operate remotely.

Would post a list but I haven't found them all yet.

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 17:06

Sybock wrote:You can trade company/corporate stock at any time anywhere in the 'verse having only found one stock exchange. The rest you have to have at least a navsat within scanning range to operate remotely.

Would post a list but I haven't found them all yet.
you know what, I'm totally in blackout concerning this new feature of AP, how exactly this SE work? do I need to buy a certain ship extension? calling someone at company and ask him something?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”