the game is slowing dowm..

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cluedo!
x3

the game is slowing dowm..

Post by Cluedo! » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 14:42

hello!

i have 14 stations some spread out and 2 complexes..didint get it toally right but that dosent mattet.

I have quite good computer, but the games is feeling slow..its slow when you turn your ship.

I think i heard something about a patch?

The plot i not fun to do,because the fps go to lik 4 or somtehing alot of rocks in those sectors:)
I am running Ap ...

//cluedo

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 14:56

Wait for the patch being released this month that will improve things.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

kylania
x4

Post by kylania » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 15:32

C'mon patch... can't play without you! :) heh

Zetoss
x4

Post by Zetoss » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 15:36

Players should also be aware of the vastly increased draw distance that is possible in AP, it makes things look great but can kill fps like a psycho with an axe. :D

Cluedo: Jag antar att du kan svenska betydligt bättre? Om din fps sjunker till 4 så har du förmodligen inte dator så det räcker till dom inställningar du spelar med, om du gjort *väldigt* många missions så är det nog möjligt att det är där skon klämmer men det är mer troligt att du behöver kolla inställningarna. Säg till om du behöver hjälp med dom, du kan skicka PM till mig i så fall.

FuryFlex
x3tc

Post by FuryFlex » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 18:45

Edit: Apparently I'm not supposed to post about the imperfect "fix", so I'm erasing it.
Last edited by FuryFlex on Sat, 14. Jan 12, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 18:48

FuryFlex wrote:*cough*
*waits for cycrow to come along and slap you* :D
Last edited by Legionos on Sat, 14. Jan 12, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

FuryFlex
x3tc

Post by FuryFlex » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 19:07

Oops, I didn't know that sharing that info was frowned upon. I removed my post, so if you don't mind removing your quote of it, then please do. And thanks for the heads-up.

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 19:11

FuryFlex wrote:Oops, I didn't know that sharing that info was frowned upon. I removed my post, so if you don't mind removing your quote of it, then please do. And thanks for the heads-up.
its because the 'fix' does other things to your game which can lead to all sorts of nasty implications

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 19:15

Alan Phipps wrote:Wait for the patch being released this month that will improve things.
They're finally fixing the complex lag? Nice, although it's a shame they didn't crack that problem sooner.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 19:15

its not frowned upon exactly.

its just that it can end up doing more harm than good in the long run.
And it could potentially cause problems when the offical patch is released.

and considering it should be available very soon its best just to wait so you will know u have a working save for 1.1

Nick Northern
x3tc

Post by Nick Northern » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 19:37

I do appreciate Egosoft splitting the patches up and rushing this fix to us asap. Like many others, my game has also slowed down quite a lot, but I just pretend I am in the Matrix or 300 and every action is epic. :D

Thank you Egosoft for the upcoming fix patch, and the patch that will come later on with new content!
Enemies make you stronger, allies make you weaker.
Frank Herbert

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”