[AP] CAG on standby, wont sell Wasps, ninja-sold intermediate-resources

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

swatti
x4

[AP] CAG on standby, wont sell Wasps, ninja-sold intermediate-resources

Post by swatti » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 18:04

My CAG has issues(using the trade -> start commodity logistics rep... thingy) but ALL 3 of them wont sell the wasp-missiles my complex makes, but they will sell the 1mj shields no problem. There are many docks nearby, one in their sector that buys wasps, still no.

Also, even tho i set selling intermediate products to 0% and even off in station menu, they sell all my ore and the complex stops.

Help meh...

EDIT: all max ranks btw

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 18:18

Oddly enough, I ran into a very similar problem today.

I have a max rank Kestrel (named Blockade Runner II... the original got shot down) selling Space Fuel from my factory in Senator's Badlands. It's been selling booze to the Yaki Stock Exchange for a few days now without a problem, but today it just went into Standby. The SE has no stocks of Space Fuel at all (I don't have enough rep with the Yaki yet to sell to the IBL factories) but the Kestrel has decided not to sell the stuff anymore. I had to manually send in a Drake to unload all the Space Fuel from my complex, sell some to the SE and then transport it to my Pleasure Palace in Avarice, where it sold out (1300 units) in under five minutes. I've currently got it doing a few manual trade runs and then I'm going to turn the CAG on again.
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

Zippo342
x3tc

Post by Zippo342 » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 18:19

Step 1, make sure the sale price is less than average. Docks always buy at average, so prices have to be set to lower.

Step 2, make sure that you have enough missiles there for them to feel a load is worth their time. Usually it's set to 20% by default. That's 20% of the station's max stock.

Step 3, make sure that none of the CAGs have them as a blacklisted item. If you selected them to force them to trade, you want whitelist (in which they won't trade with anything not specified)

Step 4, make sure the stations are within jump range and have stock space to accept new goods. You said one was in sector. Is it chronically full of wasp missiles?

Step 5, make sure your CAGs aren't taking a training course. They will sit idle while doing this with no indication whatsoever to the fact that they are. They will announce when they finish and go up a rank.

Step 6, ... well I can't think of anything else. Try hiring another pilot if none of these work and see if he'll do it? There's no reason a CAG should ignore one resource and not all others unless they are set incorrectly.
Streaming most nights 1800-0000ish at www.twitch.tv/chthonicone/

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 18:46

Zippo342 wrote:
Step 5, make sure your CAGs aren't taking a training course. They will sit idle while doing this with no indication whatsoever to the fact that they are. They will announce when they finish and go up a rank.
that explains alot

Zippo342
x3tc

Post by Zippo342 » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 19:05

Legionos wrote:
Zippo342 wrote:
that explains alot
This was the source of much consternation on my part years ago when I started using ST/UT ;) I tend to watch my traders quite a bit to make sure they are ok. Everytime I leave the game for a bit and come back I also seem to forget this fact again too so I've dealt with this aggrivation about 4 times now. I wish there was a "Training" action to replace idle, but oh well. The script just says they idle for X time before they level.

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 19:46

Zippo342 wrote:Step 1, make sure the sale price is less than average. Docks always buy at average, so prices have to be set to lower.

Step 2, make sure that you have enough missiles there for them to feel a load is worth their time. Usually it's set to 20% by default. That's 20% of the station's max stock.

Step 3, make sure that none of the CAGs have them as a blacklisted item. If you selected them to force them to trade, you want whitelist (in which they won't trade with anything not specified)

Step 4, make sure the stations are within jump range and have stock space to accept new goods. You said one was in sector. Is it chronically full of wasp missiles?

Step 6, ... well I can't think of anything else. Try hiring another pilot if none of these work and see if he'll do it? There's no reason a CAG should ignore one resource and not all others unless they are set incorrectly.
1. Even at minimum, nope, wont sell em...
2. Complex full on missiles, cant fit more
3. Ore on blacklist, still they sell it
4. Buyers empty, accepting wasps
5. Max rank, all of em.

Zippo342
x3tc

Post by Zippo342 » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 19:48

swatti wrote:3. Ore on blacklist, still they sell it
Just to be sure, does it say blacklist or whitelist? Whitelist is the opposite, that's all they will sell.

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 19:49

Zippo342 wrote:
swatti wrote:3. Ore on blacklist, still they sell it
Just to be sure, does it say blacklist or whitelist? Whitelist is the opposite, that's all they will sell.
Actually tried both... Im not kidding, they still sell my ore.

Gonna fire the bastards soon ^^

Zippo342
x3tc

Post by Zippo342 » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 20:05

Well this is AP, I can't speak for that, but in TC it works fine. There might be a bug introduced in the new version as unlikely as it is. Maybe the creator of CLS will notice this and respond.

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 20:06

Go into the CAG agents menu and write to log file. Read it (in your %user%\Egosoft etc directory)

It will say exactly what their settings are, what their command is and what they are doing or trying to do.

Io
x4

Post by Io » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 20:25

Which level are your CAGs?

What I noticed is that CAG at the "apprentice" level won't sell anything, but they are willing to supply home station. Just don't know exactly at which level they can start selling... I usually leave them until "trader" level, just supplying the home base with resources... After that they can use Jumpdrive and sell products.

I usually set them ("Trader" rank and above for selling products) like this:

Wares > TradeList > Just wares I want them to sell (product/s)
Exceptions > BlackList > Sector/Stations (war zone sectors, usually :))
Trade Duties > Salesman > Sell Products - percent (of station's max cargo hold), usually I leave it around 20%, that means that my trader will sell the products until the ware in station's cargo hold reaches 20% or less. > Sell Products Freighter Cargo Bay - percent (of ships max cargo hold), usually around 40% so they don't fly in vain. :)
Station Settings > default station settings, usually around 15 jumps...
Jumpdrive > use > energy cells equip - usually 20% of ship's max cargo hold, just be aware that it has enough e.cells to jump twice as your station setting is adjusted to. in this case for 30 jumps minimum.

Just check station's max jump setting, if it's less then jumps needed at your price setting, either lower the price or increase jump setting accordingly.

Hope I helped u in any way.

Zippo342
x3tc

Post by Zippo342 » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 20:35

Io, he did post that his CAGs are in fact selling ore. That means they are at least Supplier level. Also they are not actively training either since they are selling. He says he has ore on blacklist, so they shouldn't touch it but they still do.

Edit: I just thought of something. Go to your complex command panel, and choose the option "Report Inbound Ships" See if any are on their way to buy your missiles. If so your CAGs might be leaving them there so the NPCs can buy them.

Io
x4

Post by Io » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 20:49

Zippo342 wrote:Io, he did post that his CAGs are in fact selling ore. That means they are at least Supplier level. Also they are not actively training either since they are selling. He says he has ore on blacklist, so they shouldn't touch it but they still do.
Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting anything, just providing info of my settings for compare purposes as I am bit confused concerning CAGs too.

EDIT:
Setting, in station's options, intermediate products selling to "None" could possibly help with the trader's duties set to "salesman", if your desired ware is marked as "product", of course.

And I usually turn off "other races could trade with the station".
I think whenever u change CAG's settings u need to issue a new "start commercial representation" order for changes to take effect...

Zippo342
x3tc

Post by Zippo342 » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 21:19

That may be true in AP, but it wasn't in TC. He might want to try that then. In TC it's actually detrimental to keep issuing new starts as the trader will forget what he was doing and go back to start with a cargo full of something he was going to sell.

Io
x4

Post by Io » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 21:41

Zippo342 wrote:That may be true in AP, but it wasn't in TC. He might want to try that then. In TC it's actually detrimental to keep issuing new starts as the trader will forget what he was doing and go back to start with a cargo full of something he was going to sell.
I have no such experiences in AP, mostly because my sellers are set for only one product, if they leave it in cargo they will sell it eventually...
After issuing a new command trader always goes home, and with his selling Ore he should probably command him to return home, manually unload Ore if there is any on ship and issue a new CAG command... It is pretty demanding if there is more than one ware involved.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 22:02

X3Reunion's Bonus Pack html readme will answer many of your questions.... You can DL and istall it without actual Reunion installation on your machine ;p
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Vim Razz
x4

Re: [AP] CAG on standby, wont sell Wasps, ninja-sold intermediate-resources

Post by Vim Razz » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 22:35

swatti wrote:Also, even tho i set selling intermediate products to 0% and even off in station menu, they sell all my ore and the complex stops.
This tells the CAG to sell intermediate wares until your complex's inventory of them reaches 0%. You may want to change it if you want to keep some ore in stock.

All the trade duty % values relate to '% of inventory' targets for the CAG to try and achieve. So it's not like '% of time spent' or anything like that.

swatti
x4

Re: [AP] CAG on standby, wont sell Wasps, ninja-sold intermediate-resources

Post by swatti » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 10:03

Vim Razz wrote:
swatti wrote:Also, even tho i set selling intermediate products to 0% and even off in station menu, they sell all my ore and the complex stops.
This tells the CAG to sell intermediate wares until your complex's inventory of them reaches 0%. You may want to change it if you want to keep some ore in stock.

All the trade duty % values relate to '% of inventory' targets for the CAG to try and achieve. So it's not like '% of time spent' or anything like that.
Hmm... This makes a point. Will try.

Pruvmerong
x4

Post by Pruvmerong » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 11:07

Setting Intermediate products to 0% will cause your CAG to sell them until you have 0% left. Set it to 99% or something (not sure if you can do 100). Alternately, go into ware list and add only the products you want sold.

Edit: Didn't see second page of posts already explaining this.

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 11:12

Virtualaughing wrote:X3Reunion's Bonus Pack html readme will answer many of your questions.... You can DL and istall it without actual Reunion installation on your machine ;p
Or you could read the AP readme, which covers functions not present in the Reunion version. Just saying...
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”