Please Help X3TC Yaki Orca HELP HELP HELP HELP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

slouzer

Please Help X3TC Yaki Orca HELP HELP HELP HELP

Post by slouzer » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 21:41

Hi To anyone who is willing to help

I have been sitting with this mission for what must be about a year now,
I cannot complete this mission, I do not know why. Several months ago I came and posted about this same mission, I got some new tips but I still cant seem to crack this one.

I have a few destroyers now, I have about 300 mil, I aced X3R.
So at least as far as the other stuff is goes I do not consider myself a noob.

At present I am using a vider to knock off the sheilds while I battle to catch up close to the orca in my Minotar.

I think it would be better if someone asked me the questions as I am obviously missing something here, everybody thinks this mission is easy.

**** Spoiler ****

At the moment in the game I have finished off the Kha'ak sectors and used the hub and so forth, just to give you all an idea of where i am at.

I have for practice manages to cap a mammoth (freindly rental)

I would also like to know how one can see whats in the pods, as I currentely have 13 troops with fighting skills and at least three stars in the rest. I am using 3 pods down from 6 as think the pods get an even spread.

My problems are many, I cant get close enough so my pods get killed, when i do get close and i fire more than one the last two get taken out, is this normal?

Please help :cry: this mission is trully ruining the game for me. I have not been abel to find a helpfull cheat. if anyone knows one I will accept that too.

slouzer

Post by slouzer » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 21:48

If the orca has 20 marines does that mean there is no space for mine?

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 22:05

With pods, you don't have to fire them when being close. They have a decent range. I suggest trying to overwhelm its missile defenses by either launching 20-30 fighter drones, a barrage of flail missiles or both. Flail missiles are just a bit faster than pods. If you launch pods and then immediately follow with a barrage, chances are this barrage will arrive first and will overwhelm the turrets. The Orca is invincible and can take some beating.

slouzer

Post by slouzer » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 22:10

Thanks for the response

I tried this early on and still have the flails, but dont the flais also destroy the pods, this is what I thought was happening and stopped doing this.

Also If the orca has 20 marines where do my guys fit in, and I know that the emps rifles are only for sale, I would just like to confirm that i dont need them right?

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 22:14

Flails won't destroy pods, missile defense turrets or your own fire can. If it happens, try repositioning the ships. It shouldn't be happening every time. 20 marines on Orca should get killed by your team. If not, they will take a space hike to a nearby station when your boarding succeeds.

slouzer

Post by slouzer » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 22:18

whent and checked again it seems my troops all have at least 4 starts in all and at least three in fight. Is this suffient enough ?
I will try the flail thing again.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 22:59

You can always try to fry the Cargo Life Support system with ions, Took me over 3 hours on one attempt but once its gone so are all of the defending marines.

I've never seen the orca shoot down pods while I've been playing, its normally far to interested in the shield suppressors I have flying around it.

Try 10 MKII fighter drones to keep it distracted for your pods to get to the hull. You can set them to simply attack ship as the hull never drops below 93%.
Still life in the old dog yet...

slouzer

Post by slouzer » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 23:35

Okay so I went back and tried it again.

I am behind the orca (about 7 km) in the minotaur. the vidar is on attack. the shields go down and i spam the 3 pods and as soon as the flails become available i spam them

but maybe 1 pod gets through otherwise
bording operation
bording operation fa
bording operation failes

the best i gave manages is level 2
IS THERE A CHEAT? PLEASE? I HAVE BEEN ON THIS FOR ALMOST A YEAR NOW?
If I ever do finish this mission it still would not please me. I am just too anoyed with this broken mission

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 23:39

Once again my memory fails me,so i do not know the link.
But there was a video that came out soon after people had problems with this plot.
The only way I succeeded was by watching the video several times ,in between trying to copy the advice.
Even with regular saving,it still took several attempts to succeed without failing for one reason or another.

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 23:50

Here's my tips, it will be a rehash of what other have written plus some more explanation behind it.

1. Get 20 marines in an M7

Why? Because 20 marines will bring more lead to the fight (and, this is solely my theory, more targets that will spread the incoming damage on your marines upping their individual survival.)

2. I never used fighter drones in my boarding ops, so no experience there. But I tend to think that the target will forget you and start spinning round its axis in hunt of the drones.

This is imo, bad for your pods.

Why? Because since the target will constantly get new firing positions for their turrets.

You want it to follow you in a straight line. Then the aft, starboard and port side turrets will be rendered meaningless (of sorts).

3. How do you make it follow? By firing some flails, keeping 10-15 km away from it and travel in a straight line away from it. When you have the desired distance, you match speed and keep it matched.

4. Then its only a matter of sending flails to make a long tunnel of em extending from you to the target. When you got that up, you give the launch pods command AND continue to send flails to keep the tunnel up until the pods connect.

5. Then its only a matter of having the patience to load/reload if you do not want to lose marines to the jaws of the RNG.

This was from the top of my head, and might not be the optimal solution. But it's how I board ships, and it works.

Good luck and get that ship so you can go forth and get cooler stuff from the spacehippies ;)
Sure glad I didn't purchase a new computer this release.

slouzer

Post by slouzer » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 01:29

At Last, a few attempts and 7 extra cheap marines and they cracked deck 5 (I was expecting 4)

I have been batteling this stupid mission for too long now to even feel relief, Im just glad I have the dumb HQ now.

Thanks to all who bothered to help, there are many names new and old.

BTW I used the following method:

from 10 km away with minotaur I waited
I attacked with the vidar as usual and released the 10 MK II drones mentioned to me.

I then Launched the pods and the flails, eventually I got one where all mariens were on board.

I then saved deck by deck. I had alot of trouble clearing 4
then at last deck 4 was cleared I saved after I heard 5 :evil:
then the core and boom, I must have had one of my 4 stars there because it went down quick.

Once again a FUC*I*NG GREAT THANKS TO ALL THE 8) DUDES WHO MADE THIS WORK. I hope you all get some life altering gift that brings happiness and joy

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 01:37

Sorry i could not help more, but yes,saving regularly is the key to many plots in the X-games.

slouzer

Post by slouzer » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 02:22

You helped enough to get me through.
Just placed her in Gunns crusade will all my EQ's
It's a nice sector with roids, I see though the HQ is way smaller than the one from X3R, and no infenite parking for small craft, oh well there is still the teladi trade dock.

Castle02
x3tc

Post by Castle02 » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 03:45

I feel ya on this mission. I started the mission last week. I used a Cobra, launched 3 torpedoes and about a dozen flails, brought the shields down launched my newly bought noobs and they made it to level 3. Reloaded so many times I lost count. Bought another 20 marines and sent everyone to training and let the game run overnight. I was glad to have my highly trained marines and redid the mission over and over again with no success. I even sent in all 40 and got killed. I decided to rearrange and have only 20 marines in my Cobra that had a high fight rank. Redid the mission and succeeded on my first try yesterday. I'm just sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I think this could've also helped you a bit.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 04:26

Okay, first things first. Get AHEAD of the Orca. The side and rear turrets are set to missile defense, so attacking from there isn't going to do you any good. Instead, move your Minotaur so it will be shooting the pods at the front of the Orca. The forward guns are almost never on missile defense. Since you're using a Vidar to keep the shields down, you can bang on it hard and use the Vidar to 'drive' the ship so the Minotaur has a clean shot.

Additionally, you can use TP's to spam additional marines at it from multiple angles. The more the merrier. 6, 12 TP's and the M7M all launching marines at the target will eventually get enough of them through. Start some TP's from the front, some from the sides, and some from above and below. (No rear not only because of the heavy weapons back there, but because they'll never CATCH it. Flood space with marines. Incidentally, any marines boarding a TL, from a TP need 3-5 stars of mechanical minimum to get aboard.

And if you're willing to cheat, Cycrow's Cheat Package will let you max the stats on the marines you're using.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 12:27

One last advice: if you have problems getting pods through, just fly directly below or above a ship, being really close and then launch them. The short distance will leave little room for the defences to shoot the pods. I do so on every of my boardings. That, however requires a fast M7M, where I recommend a Cobra.

best regards,
Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”