Yaki vs pirates rep

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

garv222

Yaki vs pirates rep

Post by garv222 » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 23:18

It's been a while since I've played TC and I'm trying to remember how yaki vs pirate rep works. I know duke's is connected to pirate rep, but is yaki a separate thing all together? I do plan on eventually activating some mods to encourage races to be more aggressive, but until then, I'd like to have more to shoot at then just xenon. Would be nice not to be friendly with EVERYONE this start.
Last edited by garv222 on Sun, 15. Jan 12, 00:38, edited 1 time in total.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 23:27

Yup, your relations with them are separate. They don't always get along with each other, either.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 23:29

Welcome back to TC.

The Yaki are counted as a separate clan.
You have a Yaki rep and a Pirate rep

Thus you can have a shoot on sight "relationship" with one while sharing your bed with the other.

However,like you,I try to be friends with everyone.
Just don't trust the Duke or his minions.
Working for him is nightmare. :evil:

At least with the Xenon and Kha'ak , you know when you are in trouble. :!:

Zippo342
x3tc

Post by Zippo342 » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 00:57

Clarification, you have a Yaki rep, and a pirate rep for every pirate station in existance. You also have a Duke's Buccaneer's rep which is affected every time your pirate rep is affected.

Think that you have 2 opposing pirate factions, Yaki, and the Duke. Then you have all sorts of smaller pirate factions. They're almost like Franchises for the Duke, but they don't always get the word that the Duke don't like you.
Streaming most nights 1800-0000ish at www.twitch.tv/chthonicone/

garv222

Post by garv222 » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 01:09

Right.... I remember what a total pain in the butt it is to work for duke's. Guess the pirates will live....for now.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Ravna

Post by Ravna » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 01:16

Well, you can't be friends with everyone.
One of the first things I do in a new game is build a complex in Weavers tempest to support the IBL forges.
Pirates ?
I shoot them on sight.
No matter how many pirate friends you have - some loon in a Harrier will always attack your complexes.
And you need to practice boarding on something - I prefer Brigantines.
Just got a nice one with 22 IBLs and 19 EBCs.

Zippo342
x3tc

Post by Zippo342 » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 01:26

Ravna wrote:No matter how many pirate friends you have - some loon in a Harrier will always attack your complexes.
Just like not all of them have heard the Duke doesn't like you, some haven't heard that the Duke in fact does like you ;) It goes both ways. Pirates are just a PIA.
Streaming most nights 1800-0000ish at www.twitch.tv/chthonicone/

garv222

Post by garv222 » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 03:34

I suppose I'll go to duke's HQ to sort out those mission ASAP before my combat rank goes up. I distinctly remember it's important to finish those missions before I have to start wiping out M2s for every assassination mission. Soon as that's done pirates are fair game.

I just installed XRM and it's got me wide eyed like a kid in a candy store with all the new ships flying around and me in my POS mercury hauler. Finally went off into the wonderful world of mods and thus far looks like I'm not buying a return flight to vanilla.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 09:28

Finally went off into the wonderful world of mods and thus far looks like I'm not buying a return flight to vanilla.
Yep.
That's the place to go once you feel you know the game inside out.

I am only modding my AP very slightly,for the sake of my new story based in the AP universe.

Else I am waiting for the Hub and PHQ .plus the bug fixes ,before I play AP vanilla for real.

infy dev
x4

Post by infy dev » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 09:57

garv222 wrote:I suppose I'll go to duke's HQ to sort out those mission ASAP before my combat rank goes up. I distinctly remember it's important to finish those missions before I have to start wiping out M2s for every assassination mission.
it's more important to finish them before angry Paranid storm in & blow up Duke's Haven - even though it eventually respawns, if the guy who gives you missions on that base dies it's impossible to continue.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”