[X3TC] Heavy M6 Ships

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aidyer
x3tc

[X3TC] Heavy M6 Ships

Post by Aidyer » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 14:14

I've looked around, thinking of buying one, and after looking at them I've come to these conculsions:

Argon Heavy Centaur: Balanced - Possibility
Boron Heavy Hydra: Lacking Firepower - Ruled out
Paranid Heavy Nemesis: High on firepower and speed, low on cargo space - Possibility
Split Heavy Dragon - I couldn't find one! What's it like?
Teladi Heavy Osprey - High on sheilds, low on speed - Ruled out

Of the Argon Ship, the Paranid Ship and the Split ship, which one is the best to purchase and why? And if you could tell me, what's the Split one's stats? Thanks :P

theblackhunter
x3tc

Post by theblackhunter » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 14:22

The split ship is very fast (160~ m/s) with a pretty high powered weapons generator

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 14:24

Thanks, what sector can I buy one from?
Last edited by Aidyer on Sun, 15. Jan 12, 14:25, edited 1 time in total.

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 14:24

Heavy Dragon:

12 frontal guns (8 main 4 turreted).

EBC upfront, which frees up all the energy for the turret to use the ion shard railgun, which really mauls m6 and up.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 14:26

I see.. from what I've heard so far it seems like a good idea, what sector do they sell them from?

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 14:31

The Heavy Nemesis is a super ship, and I really like its looks but I never use it :( The cargo bay is just too small for energy cells.

The Heavy Centaur (preferably Heavy Centaur Prototype, if you can capture one) is nice. The Skiron is also very powerful (OTAS M6), but I don't like its looks.

I agree with above that the Heavy Dragon is very effective in the player hands. They are, at least, sold in Patriarch's Conclusion in the South East of the universe. In TC (but not AP) they are also sold in the split sector 2 gates north of Grand Exchange. (Zyarth's Dominion?).

If you have the means to board ships, then the Heavy Centaur Prototype and the Hyperion Vanguard are the best imo.
Last edited by Coruskane on Sun, 15. Jan 12, 14:35, edited 2 times in total.

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 14:33

rhonkars trial

zyarths dominion

patriarchs conclusion
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 14:33

Rhonkar's Might, Zyarth's Dominion, Rhonkar's Trial, Patriarch's Conclusion.
There's also the OTAS Skiron from Legend's Home.
The Heavy Osprey is very good for certain purposes, able to take CIGs in all turrets...
Last edited by Ripskar on Sun, 15. Jan 12, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 14:35

Thanks guys, I'll get back on and compare the stats. Doing two missions in the space of five mins that gave 2.4M each really boosted my bank account :twisted:

Fiin

Post by Fiin » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 14:45

Ive been really enjoying my Vidar too.

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 15:10

Got myself a Skiron, I like the looks of that.

What are the best weapons to set it up with, where do I put them, and why would they be a good choice?

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 15:12

The first M6+ I bought was a Heavy Nemesis. After a quick test on it, I gave it free and parked it in Guidance Star to guard the gate. They're nice and good-looking, but the cramped cargobay really is a bugger. Best bet frommy point of view is a Heavy Centaur Prototype as it's reasonably faster than the standard version; you get it either by achieving the highest rank in the Plutarch or Jonferco corporation (which takes so long you might have a small fleet of M2's by then) or by boarding one with a M7M...

best regards,
Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 15:18

Aidyer wrote:Got myself a Skiron, I like the looks of that.

What are the best weapons to set it up with, where do I put them, and why would they be a good choice?
Player ship, CIGs in the main battery for straight up punch.
PRGs in the turrets for fighter defence.
For some variation you can try PBG but expect friendly fire.
Thunderbolt Missiles will help deal with fighters, Firestorm Torpedoes for capitals.

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 15:28

Just Concussion Impulse Generators in the front? How many, all eight? I'll try it, afterall I don't know anything so what anyone suggests is definately worth trying :P

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 15:37

It's what I use, with weapon configurations to dial it down if I want to conserve energy. You've got 4 configs so 2, 4, 6 & 8.

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Aeshi
x3tc

Post by Aeshi » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 15:39

I personally mounted all 8 slots with CIGs and just switched between a 4-gun weapon group and an 8-gun weapon group depending on the situation

I suppose if you really wanted you could swap some of the CIGs with Plasma Throwers if you wanted to lower the energy costs (plus that would give you a way of reliably hitting fighters that doesn't depend on the turrets)

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 15:49

Aidyer wrote:Just Concussion Impulse Generators in the front? How many, all eight? I'll try it, afterall I don't know anything so what anyone suggests is definately worth trying :P
Just 4, more is overkill. Try to get PBG for other 4. They have low energy requirements (really low) and high damage output. Very high. Drawback is short range. If not HEPT, but PBG is much better. Sold by pirates btw.

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 15:51

i like putting some IPGs in there for a more powerful punch against m6 and up: (IPG/CIG) 4/4 against m6 and 6/2 against m7.

for a more anti-fighter loadout, 6x HEPT and 2x PRG is good. though really the skiron isnt a good anti-fighter corvette, its more oriented towards anti-corvette/ anti-frigate.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Re: [X3TC] Heavy M6 Ships

Post by NeverSnake » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 19:42

Aidyer wrote:I've looked around, thinking of buying one
If you're only considering buying one my advice would be to avoid them. They're not terribly effective as they turn too slowly to get their main guns on fighters and are too weakly armed and shielded to dent a capital ship.

If you must have a corvette, then the various special ones (Vidar, Springblossom, Truelight Seeker, Hyperion, Xenon P) are really the ones to use as the class is sadly rather poorly balanced.

As an alternative, consider just saving up for an M7, especially if you can make 5mil in 5 minutes (even 2 mil per five minutes means you can buy one in a couple of hours of missions). Three or four times the price, but far more effective.

But to answer your original question, the stats of the Heavy Dragon are:

Top Speed: 161m/s
Turning: 2.56rpm
Cargo: 675XL
Shielding: 3x200Mj
Shield gen: 2,150
Laser Pool: 17,525
Laser gen: 491

8x Main guns and 4x gun in a single turret pointing up (can fire forward). Both mounting HEPT, CIG, IPG, EBC, PBE, ISR and PBG.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 20:17

Heavy M6's tend to run a much wider gamut of variance than the base models.

But I find that I don't like as wide of a variety of Heavies as I do lights. I mean, I love the base Centaur. But I despise the Heavy Centaur. I mean, most M2's can out turn it, but while an M2 can survive because it has heavy shields, the Heavy Centaur needs maneuverability to survive and it doesn't have it.

On the other hand the Heavy Dragon is utterly awesome, because I can roll in behind a target and dump 12x PBG's at it and incinerate just about anything.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”