AP question: How to get Track IR to also control movement of in-game mouse cursor?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

pepperg
x3tc

AP question: How to get Track IR to also control movement of in-game mouse cursor?

Post by pepperg » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 19:03

I have TrackIR working in windows and have the X3:AP profile selected. All is working fine.

I would like to be able to have the mouse cursor and the POV move in sync with one another when I move my head.

This way, pressing shift fire would give me the abiilty to fire towards whatever I am looking at, even if I'm not flying towards it.

Does anyone know how I might accomplish this?

Also, I notice that w/ Track IR I can no longer look down in the game...even though when not using Track IR and only using in game POV keys, I can look down a little bit. This would helpful as per above- having the ability to fire downwards somewhat as I fly over something.
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

Vistar
x3tc

Post by Vistar » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 04:25

Just set one of your commands to fire at the cursor (I set it to button 3, I think default is rmb), put the cursor in on your crosshairs and press the spacebar to switch to cursor follow mode (should turn to a circle). You should be able to fly with the JS still but your cursor will follow your TrackIR movement and you can fire with the special fire at cursor command. It's pretty neat, I use it when attacking slower ships. Usually autotracking boresight works better for fighters. It only gives you about 30 decrees in any direction but it's fun.

Also I can't really look down either. I think it's just a limitation of the game engine and the fact that they implemented head tracking after the fact.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”