Nividium Mining in AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TomatoAE
x4

Nividium Mining in AP

Post by TomatoAE » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 00:20

I am currently in:
Spoiler
Show
Unseen Domain. There's a huge Nividium deposit on the southern edge of the asteroids
I am flying my hyperium vangard (230 speed!) and breaking asteroids with the standard weapon package. When my cargo bay is full (typically 500-600 nividium I jump back to a shipyard and buy a cheap standard freighter... transfer cargo, and fill it up. I repeat... again and again.

Obviously I'd rather be blowing stuff up but I started this and my OCD nature won't allow me to leave a mess :)

What is the most efficient way to bring freighters with me and have them collect? That standard problem I face is that freighters are retarded when it comes to nividium. They don't mine, only collect.

There seems to be 5 types of asteroids

1. Huge (only capable of having a mine on it
2. Large (blow up and it breaks apart into lots of #3-5s)
3. Medium (blow up and it breaks up into a #4 and a few #5s)
4. small (Blow up and it breaks up into 3 #5s
5. Collectable

Getting every asteroid into #5 via an ion shard config is insanity..... please someone help.

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 00:23

get an IRE
blow everything up to stage 5
drop a sat
leave sector
tell TS ships go to sat
collect rocks
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

TomatoAE
x4

Post by TomatoAE » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 00:39

sure.... but it is very hard to tell the difference between #4 and #5. I end up blowing up a lot of profit.

I can't believe there isn't some sort of vanilla mining system for nividium.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 00:49

Nividium is special, since it's worth ~500x more than any other mineral in the game.

You've gotta expect to do ~some~ kind of work for it.

empiro
x3tc

Post by empiro » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 02:04

TomatoAE wrote:sure.... but it is very hard to tell the difference between #4 and #5. I end up blowing up a lot of profit.

Carta already said it: it's the collect rocks command. In TC, the rocks never ran out, and (out of sector) you could tell as many ships as you want to collect rocks at that location, and get tons of money too easily. In AP, the rocks now run out OOS, but you can still make lots of money.

AL'42
x3tc

Re: Nividium Mining in AP

Post by AL'42 » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 10:29

TomatoAE wrote:Getting every asteroid into #5 via an ion shard config is insanity..... please someone help.
Get a hold full of mozzie missiles (200-400 depending on size of roid), these will reduce rocks to collectables very quickly.

Once you done it a few times you’ll see how it done, the mozzies target the rocks and rarely the collectables…… get in close < 1km

After that hit PTNI with 2 ships, one full of nividium, the other not, jump from one ship to other and see what happens on the stock exchange :wink:
Last edited by AL'42 on Mon, 16. Jan 12, 10:32, edited 1 time in total.

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 10:30

empiro wrote:
TomatoAE wrote:sure.... but it is very hard to tell the difference between #4 and #5. I end up blowing up a lot of profit.

Carta already said it: it's the collect rocks command. In TC, the rocks never ran out, and (out of sector) you could tell as many ships as you want to collect rocks at that location, and get tons of money too easily. In AP, the rocks now run out OOS, but you can still make lots of money.
Just the Nividium or all rocks? Don't care if Nividium runs out. Just want my ore and silicion roids back if some npc ship decides it is a good time to fly through it.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 10:49

Aragosnat wrote:
empiro wrote:

Just the Nividium or all rocks? Don't care if Nividium runs out. Just want my ore and silicion roids back if some npc ship decides it is a good time to fly through it.
it means now OOS mining is the same as IS. Each roid has a finite amount of rocks and you cant collect the same one forever.

the large rocks do eventually respawn however, so its not like u'll permantly run out forever

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 12:46

sounds good! p.s where/how did you get that hyperion?

Saber15
x4

Post by Saber15 » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 15:39

Here's how I figured which rocks are collectible and which are too big to pick up:

The collectible rocks absorb a lot of damage before they are destroyed.

Rocks that can still break up into smaller chunks typically only take a couple blasts from HEPTs before shattering into smaller pieces.

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 15:41

paulms1980 wrote:sounds good! p.s where/how did you get that hyperion?
the poisoned paranid start gives you a (potentially) overtuned hyperion as its reward.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 01:08

Cycrow wrote:
Aragosnat wrote:
empiro wrote:

it means now OOS mining is the same as IS. Each roid has a finite amount of rocks and you cant collect the same one forever.

the large rocks do eventually respawn however, so its not like u'll permantly run out forever
Ok that is what I wanted to know. Thank you. Now here is to hoping that the will respan in the same 3 days or so of time. Dang War sectors. I want my laser tower fact back in Omicron Lyrae and to have fun dodging random shots while towing that roid station. :twisted: Might dtill have to build it else where. :lol:
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”